Chapter 9: Courtesans

While the dark sky was hovering above us, I was trying to free myself from the guard's grip as he was pulling towards a part of the castle which looked rather old and abandoned. Loud laughing sounds of women could be heard followed by some traditional music and loud clapping sounds as we walked pass old windows which were lit from the inside.

Goosebumps started raising upon my skin while I was pushing the guard with all my strength.

"Every one of you is fucking crazy! You guys are sick! Just let me go back!" I screamed in pain. I was frustrated, scared and so tired of all of this.

He stayed quiet the whole time and didn't even bother to say even a word before he opened a dark door and threw me inside a big hall, making me fall on my wounded knees and whine in pain.

The hall was filled with women sitting around and a very short dressed woman dancing in the middle of hall, swinging her hips in the rhythm of the music that sounded but suddenly stopped at the sound of me getting thrown inside.

I will never forget how every single one of them humiliated me.

The guard stepped in with his heavy boots and drew everyone's attention towards us while I was holding my knees in pain.

"The King has ordered that from now on this maid will be staying here with you" He announced and the women started whistling while I was looking at them in disbelief before he turned around and slammed the door behind himself.

"You fucking bastard!" I screamed at the shut door while slamming my fist on the ground.

"We are not that scary my lovely" One of them said to me and the rest of them started laughing. I shut my eyes in anger while shaking my head.

When Namjoon the guard had left, the woman who until a few seconds ago was dancing in the middle of the room with a face covered in heavy colors which looked like anything but make-up started heading towards me.

"Let's get you changed into something appealing or you will destroy our reputation with this unpleasant appearance" She lifted my braided hair and looked at me in disgust, making the whole hall burst into laughter.

I angrily slapped her hand away before staring at her grinning face. "Your reputation is already destroyed, believe me it doesn't need my help and don't tell me what to do! I'm not gonna stay here!" I raised my voice, wanting to stand up but she was quicker, she aggressively started pulling my hair, making me scream loudly in pain.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled at her but she didn't even bother while I was half crawling and walking until she pushed me inside a dark room before locking the door.

I desperately banged my fists against the cold door but all I could her were their disgusting high pitched laughter. My knees gave in and I fell down while I continued banging weakly against the door.

Their music sounded again and their clapping sounds filled my ears. I gave up and pulled my legs closer to my body, hugging them tightly while the tears I tried to held back streamed down my cheeks.

How could I end up like this?

The whole night I couldn't sleep, my thoughts drifted to my parents and my grandparents. The feeling of not knowing if I ever will be able to see them again made me uneasy. I felt so alone and empty in this unfamiliar place full of strange people.

Tears started falling, the lump in my throat hurted even more remembering The King's cold eyes and the way he talked to me. I'm trying, trying to accept the fact that I'm now in a different world, accept that this is my faith or just my stupid fault but it hurts to be humiliated like this.

I was staring out of the window, horses were on the court, around them a breathtaking garden.
Servants were lined up, watchfully walking around the court.

Was I really stuck in year 1819?