Chapter 18: Waterfall of memories

"I grew a flower that can't be bloomed,
In a dream that can't come true,
I wished to be your perfect other half, in spite of being to the core of my heart.
Seeking serenity in your twinkling eyes,
Molding my love into pretty lies.
Forbidden i know yet For real i wish."

We got closer to the sound of water as he slowed down the horse by pulling her reins closer to his body.

He was the first one to jump down the horse and leaving me behind with his missing warmth infront of me.

"Place your legs on this side" He wrapped his finger around my left leg after seeing the helpless look on my face. He helped me by lifting my leg up and placing it next to my right leg.

All of a sudden he placed his big and strong hands on my hips gave me a soft squeeze while pulling me down the horse. I bumped into his chest and gasped, memories of the last time when he was this close flashed by and I gulped.

He slowly put me down, his lips curving into a smirk when he turned to the horse and grabbed her leash.

We started walking and after a few steps we got closer to the waterfall right behind the big leaves infront of us. He pushed them aside for me to walk in and I gasped when I spotted the beautiful waterfall behind the trees. The moonlight was shining upon the dark water and lit up the whole area just by it's reflection.

But suddenly I felt a sudden pinch of pain in my temples. The pain that started in my temples increased and spread like wildfire through my skull.

I immediately clutched the the sides of my head and winced in pain while shutting my eyes.

"Y/N what's wrong? Did you got hurt?" He ran towards me and cupped my face with hands. I wanted to open my eyes tell him that I was fine but the pain wasn't allowing me to do so.

And then I remembered that I have seen this waterfall before.

"AH!" I winced in pain while holding onto Taehyung's shoulders.

"G-Grandpa.." I pressed out through my teeth as the pain slowly cooled down and I took a deep breath.

My eyes remained shut while resting my head against his chest. He was calmly caressing my hair while I was calming down and enjoying his warmth and touch.

"Are you feeling better?" He lowered his head to match my height and I flattered my eyes open.

I nodded although I could feel a slight pinch of pain in my temples. We decided to sit on the ground when he suddenly pulled me in between his legs and wrapped around my body.

I wanted to hide my face in embarrassment while sitting between his legs. My heart was racing nervously while nibbling on my lower lip.

"Why do you always make me worry about you hmn?" His eyes softened while he tilted his head to the side.

He was The King and I on the other hand was
a student from 2019. Our worlds couldn't be more different but they still somehow collided.
And all of a sudden it was my responsibility to handle this collision but how should I do that on my own?

"As The King you probably have a solution for everything but can you tell me why neither dreams nor time can be controlled by mortals?"

How would he react if he knew that time was ticking loud on my side and I didn't belong to this world?

"You think humans are not capable of fighting time?" His asked me deeply and I gulped when I turned my neck.

His eyes took me in while I was helplessly searching for an answer from him. He suddenly moved closer and I immediately grabbed onto the fabric of my dress.

"Let me try" His hot breath caressed by lower lip and i shut my eyes.

The pain in my temples was gone the second his lips touched mine and ignited a fire inside my soul. I couldn't grasp the fact that I was feeling him for a second time, The King was kissing me for the second time. This was indeed a dream. This couldn't be real.

After his lips softly touched mine he leaned back and his intense eyes darkened while taking me in, inch my inch.

I understood what he was trying to tell me.