Chapter Forty-seven

The first thing Swiftpaw aimed herself to do was to rip off his ear. She landed perfectly on his back and she buried her claws into his shoulders. Swiftpaw snatched his ear off mercilessly, spitting it out of her mouth. The rogue let out a hiss and he reared his neck. His teeth caught her scruff and he yanked her off of him. Swiftpaw rolled in the semi-dry mud but crouched down, hissing back at him. He doesn't even look phased! She realized, noticing how he paid no attention to his ear that was savagely torn off.

Around them, TideClan and the ten rogue cats battled. Even though the rogues were down by many, they could put up a fight. From Swiftpaw's peripheral vision, she witnessed Blazestripe receiving a nasty bite to his tail from a gray rogue.

"I'll give you one thing," The blue rogue spoke to Swiftpaw in a rather calm tone, "you know how to bite." He drew a paw over where his right ear should've been before he charged at Swiftpaw. The calico she-cat focused on his claws as he ran at her and she stood up on her hind legs to battle him. He was much bigger than she was. She took a swing at his cheek then stepped back to avoid his massive claws to her stomach. Swiftpaw landed on her four paws to lessen her chances of getting her stomach sliced open. 

The tom pivoted his hind legs and used his momentum to strike Swiftpaw down with a paw. His hit knocked Swiftpaw down but she scrambled to her feet. With her front claws, she battled against the tom once she regained her balance. She was able to scratch his chest, his cheek, and his flank. But he cut her chest and flank also. 

"Swiftpaw!" It was Webshine who has come to her aid. The small gray tabby took hold of the tom's tail and she crunched down on it. The rogue became distracted and Swiftpaw took advantage of this. With a swift swipe, her claws met with the side of his face and she spilled his blood. Then with her momentum, she reared down on her front paws and used her hind legs to kick his face, with some scratches from her hind claws injuring his chin. 

Webshine let go of his tail and she rushed to stand beside her older sister. "You alright?" The small she-cat asked. Swiftpaw nodded and spat some stray blood unto a bunch of weeds, "Never better!"

The blue rogue was then overwhelmed by Redstar, Lionstripe, and Chivewhisker, the senior warriors giving him what TideClan really is. Swiftpaw surveyed the clearing and found a weakened Pricklepelt battling a ragged, pale golden she-cat. "Let's go help him!" The calico she-cat rushed towards her friend and barreled herself into the rogue she-cat. They tumbled over but Swiftpaw anchored her hind leg into the she-cat's stomach, making the ragged cat on the bottom.

"Tell your mangy rogue group to never come back!" Swiftpaw snarled and lifted a paw up to scare the she-cat. The ragged cat flinched before the apprentice got off of her, using her front paws to shove her away. "Leave!" Webshine hissed at the rogue female and she insisted to chase the rogue out of camp.

Swiftpaw turned to aid Pricklepelt, who stood against the reed wall that was built against the nursery. He was panting heavily and suffered not too serious injuries but his yellow eyes were glazed over in agony. "Come on, Pricklepelt," the calico sank her teeth into his scruff to get him moving, "I'll take you to the medicine cat's den. It's guarded." Pricklepelt snapped out of his daze and yelled, "Swiftpaw, duck!" 

Swiftpaw flattened herself to the mud. The brown tom reared up on his hind legs and with a hit from his paw, a black rogue was knocked down. "Don't you ever go to attack my family!" Pricklepelt snarled, leaping at the black cat. Swiftpaw sighed in relief, seeing his liveliness come back in his yellow eyes. Once Pricklepelt delivered a terrible bite to the she-cat's shoulder, the cat then retreated.

A yowl erupted in the clearing and everyone stopped fighting. It was Dapplefur's once again, the tortoiseshell she-cat unscathed by any claws. Swiftpaw's eyes widened as she watched Dapplefur pick up Poolkit by the scruff. "Please, no more fighting!" Dapplefur begged and turned to the blue rogue, "I'll come with our kits. Just no more bloodshed." The blue rogue was littered with many scratches and his blood but the only injury that really affected him was his missing ear. He stayed near the tortoiseshell queen, almost as if he was protecting her. Swiftpaw almost let out a snarl when she laid eyes on him again.

"Dapplefur, no..." Pricklepelt uttered out. The brown tom took a step forward but the rogue growled at him. Swiftpaw hurried over to Pricklepelt and pressed her pelt against his, letting him know that she was there. 

All of TideClan watched painfully as Dapplefur padded out of camp with the bloody rogues. Beetlekit was picked up by the blue rogue and Brinekit stayed beside his mother. Pricklepelt only made small moans of pain and sadness, watching his former mate and his former kits walk out on him. Swiftpaw buried her face into his shoulder, she too unable to bear with this sudden change.

Pricklepelt sat down, wrapping his tail around Swiftpaw protectively as if the rogues were going to take her away, too. No. I'm going to stay with you, she thought.

___________________

To be honest, I'm actually kinda sad I made Pricklepelt go through this. But I promise you all that he will be in the series for a long time.

Also, whenever I go to see the statistics for this book, I really do love that I have readers all around the world. I'm very happy that this book is going around!

So what do you guys think? Who do you hate more, the blue rogue (named Ash) or Dapplefur?

-Morgan