Suspicion

The fight didn't take long, especially that Jamie managed to snag a robot of her own and fought in it. When the robot was defeated, Sora and Jamie hopped out of their robots and they all regrouped.

"He was being controlled? He wasn't just switched into battle mode by accident?" Buzz asked, feeling sympathy for the toy.

"Buzz?" Sora called.

"It's nothing," Buzz said.

"I'm confused. That guy in the black cloak—did he say he made a copy of the real world? What's that mean?" Woody wondered.

"It...prob'ly means they split this world in two—your friends in one world, us in the other," Sora answered.

"Only one of the worlds is real, and the other is just really convincing," Jamie added.

"You can't be serious. Oh! That's right, you're from a video game. And being a Barbie, I don't even know how you could understand that. Well, maybe in your game, that's how things work, but here in reality, you can't 'split worlds.' This is ridiculous," Buzz told both Sora and Jamie then acknowledged Woody as he started walking off, "Woody, let's go."

Sora was taken back a bit by this and Jamie rubbed her arm in guilt, knowing that she can't tell them how she understood what Sora was talking about.

"I admit, it does sound just a little far-fetched. But say we have been taken to some kind of alternate world. That would explain why your laser's real," Woody pointed out then asked with a smirk, "And is it really that crazy? Worse than "evil emperors" and "protecting the galaxy"? Any of that ring a bell?"

"Point taken," Buzz reluctantly admitted then said, "But that just means these strangers are part of the delusion. And I say it's time we parted ways and went home."

"Thought we were friends, not strangers," Goofy replied sadly.

"Look, I get that it seems weird, but we know something's wrong with this place. We should stick together," Sora suggested.

"Sora's right. They helped with the intruder, so they might help find our friends," Woody said, Buzz started walking away, then Woody continued, "They have been there for us so far. You can't deny that. Come on. Every toy deserves a fair shake. Am I right?"

This made Buzz stop and point to the robot.

"Tell it to that toy over there," Buzz remarked.

That made Woody think about that for a minute. Then Sarge called to them.

"Sheriff, sir! Rex has just been dino-napped!" Sarge informed.

"What's that?!" Woody asked in shock while the others gasped.

"My men saw him get hauled up to the second floor, sir! And Hamm and the Aliens are MIA," Sarge explained.

"Come on. We have got to find them!" Woody said.

"Please! Let us help!" Sora requested.

"Yeah!" Jamie, Donald, and Goofy added.

They started running in that direction when they saw Buzz, still standing there.

"Well, Buzz?" Woody called, running back to him, then said, "Do you really think we can save our friends on our own? We didn't get very far before. We gotta take all the help we can get."

"Don't worry. Sora can be reckless, Jamie can be pretty rebellious, and Donald grumbles a lot. But you can trust 'em!" Goofy explained.

"Hey! He suspects you, too!" Donald remarked.

"It's true," Sora agreed.

"Huh? He does?" Goofy wondered.

"Yeah," Jamie told him.

"See, they don't seem bad. Am I right, Buzz?" Woody asked.

"Okay, fine. We do need the extra help. But just so we're clear: I remain skeptical about this. I'll work with you till we find our friends," Buzz insisted.

"Ohhh...kay," Sora said.

"Awkward," Jamie commented.

"Thanks for the help, Sora, Jamie, Donald, Goofy," Woody thanked.

"My troops will return to the field, sir!" Sarge informed.

They all then went to the middle of the store.

"This ascent is gonna be rather tricky," Buzz remarked.

"Too bad we're not strapped to a rocket, huh?" Woody joked.

Jamie tried to contain her laughter since she got the joke.

"Hey! Think we could use that?" Sora suggested.

Everyone looked to see he was talking about the ball rails throughout the store.

"It's perfect. C'mon, guys!" Woody exclaimed and they made their way up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well that got tensiony. Fun, right? But can you blame Buzz?