Freeing Buzz

As they looked for Buzz, they saw a dark corridor blocked by a vent. So to get up there, they built a huge cactus out of blocks with the Gigas and they climbed it to the vent. Once there, the dark corridor was in full view.

"It looked like this?" Sora asked.

"Yup," Goofy answered.

"Uh-huh," Jamie added as the others nodded.

"Here goes," Sora sighed.

All five of them stepped into see Buzz, unconscious and floating in midair.

"Buzz!" Woody called.

Then Young Xehanort showed up, blocking the group from Buzz.

"Xehanort!" Sora shouted.

"What do you want with my friend?" Woody demanded.

"Look...Such tremendous darkness. All because he was ripped away form the boy who cares about him most," Young Xehanort smirked.

"Does that mean...we'll all be like Buzz...if we don't...find Andy?" Woody wondered in fear as darkness surrounded him.

"Wrong! Distance doesn't matter. Andy's part of their hearts, just like my friends are part of mine. You can't rip that apart!" Sora stated.

"Yeah. No matter how far you are from someone, that doesn't change anything between them. In fact, it makes them stronger because they realize how much they mean to one another. That's how it is for me, Sora, Donald, and Goofy and it is the same for Woody, Buzz, Andy, and the other toys," Jamie added.

Donald and Goofy nodded at that. Woody looked at the bottom of his boot to see Andy's name then up to see the same thing on the bottom of Buzz's boot.

"What? 'Your friends are your power'?" YX scoffed then pointed out, "Ah How very true. But if the light of friendship is a form of power, the darkness of being alone is a power...even greater. Darkness is the heart's true nature."

"Whatever you're talking about, I don't care. Put Buzz back the way he was, then get lost!" Woody snapped.

"Or else what, toy?" YX smirked.

"Yeah, I am a toy. And a friend. My guess is no one's ever loved you before. Because you know nothing about hearts and love," Woody stated.

(A/N Does anyone else just love it when Woody and Sora put Young Xehanort in his place? 😄)

He then began heading toward Young Xehanort with Sora right beside him.

"There are hearts all around us, trying to connect. Your 'loneliness' only made Woody and Buzz's connection stronger. That's the heart's true nature—to never, ever let go. Wherever they are, Andy and the other toys haven't let go either," Sora remarked.

"Yeah! You can't keep us from Andy. We're going home no matter what. And taking Buzz!" Woody declared.

"Xehanort, you're so caught up in finding the shadows, you forgot about the light that cast them," Jamie smirked.

Then a light broke through the darkness, freeing Buzz.

"No!" YX exclaimed.

Sora, Jamie Donald, and Goofy charged at Young Xehanort, even though he blocked them with his own blade.

"Woody, now!" Sora shouted.

Woody leapt in the air, using his pull-string to swing to Buzz. He successfully got him and landed on him when they got to the ground.

"Giddy-up partner! We gotta get this wagon train a-movin'!" Woody's voice-box sounded.

That's when Buzz woke up. Woody looked at him with a smile then got off him.

"Woody...," Buzz said then asked, "Wait, how did I get here?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe somebody switched you into 'dark and stormy' mode," Woody lightly teased.

"But I don't have a—" Buzz started.

He then caught in, making him a little down. But Woody helped him, making him smile.

"Thank you, Woody," Buzz thanked.

"Good to have ya back, Buzz," Woody told him.

"Hey, hurry up!" Donald called.

"We can't hold him much longer!" Goofy added.

"Don't give up, guys!" Sora struggled.

"Come on!" Jamie strained.

Young Xehanort then cast them to the side.

"So, even empty puppets can be given strong hearts. I am going to have to remember that," Young Xehanort said as Buzz aimed his laser at him.

"Remember this—our hearts will always be connected to Andy's. No matter what you do!" Buzz stated.

"And that's something you'll never understand, because you're hollower than any toy," Woody remarked.

"But now I know a heart can be placed in the vessel of our choosing. For that, let me give you a parting gift to play with," YX smirked as he started disappearing.

"Wait!" Sora called.

He charged and swung his Keyblade at Young Xehanort, but it just went through him.

"Find the hearts joined to yours and your girlfriend's," YX whispered before fully disappearing.

"Huh?" Sora wondered in confusion.

But he would have to worry about that later. For at that moment, the darkness became one, making a King of Toys Heartless. The others immediately prepared themselves.

"There!" Buzz said, pointing up.

"Careful!" Woody warned.

"Here goes!" Sora replied then the fight started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I really like how Woody and Sora sassed Young Xehanort. 😂