Meeting Max

The next morning, the group of four heard a familiar voice.

"Wh-wh-whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, boy, easy! Settle down. Whoa, whoa!" Rapunzel shouted.

"That voice!" Sora exclaimed.

"It's Rapunzel!" Goofy remarked.

"And that means Max found them," Jamie said.

"Well let's help them," Donald remarked.

They ran toward Rapunzel's voice.

Meanwhile, she and Pascal were calming Max down. They got him to sit without any trouble.

"You are such a good boy! Yes you are," she bragged on him then asked, "Are you all tired from chasing this bad man all over the place?"

Max nodded sadly.

"Excuse me?" Flynn remarked.

"Nobody appreciates you, do they? Do they?" Rapunzel asked, making Max cuddle up to her.

"Oh, come on. He's a bad horse!" Flynn insisted.

"Ohhh. He's nothing but a big sweetheart," Rapunzel insisted as Max neighed happily then asked as she saw his name, "Isn't that right...Maximus?

"Wha...You've got to be kidding me," Flynn scoffed, making Max glare at him.

"Look, today is kind of the biggest day of my life, and the thing is, I need you not to get him arrested," Rapunzel requested, Max immediately declined, then Rapunzel continued, "Just for twenty-four hours, and then you can chase each other to your hearts' content. Okay?"

Flynn sighed and reluctantly held out a hand to him, but Max turned away from him.

"And it's also my birthday. Just so you know," Rapunzel pointed out.

Max sighed, giving in, then offered a hoof to Flynn, who shook it.

"Rapunzel!" Sora and Jamie called once they saw her.

"You're here. And you're okay!" Rapunzel exclaimed, going to them.

When she was gone, Max punched Flynn in the gut.

"Yeah! You too," Sora responded.

"And look! I made a friend. Meet Maximus. You could say Flynn introduced us. And where one goes, the other follows," Rapunzel said then told Maximus, "This is Sora, Jamie, Goofy, and Donald. They've been helping me."

"Hi, Maximus," Jamie waved, looked up to see an apple, then said, "Hold on."

She summoned her weapon and used it to get the apple down. She caught it with ease and held it up to Max.

"Here you go, Max," she smiled.

Max neighed happily and ate it eagerly. Jamie couldn't help but giggle at it.

"Come on, the Kingdom's not far," Flynn strained, holding his stomach.

They walked for a little while, even stopping for Sora to get birds to come to Rapunzel. Jamie watched as he attempted to approach them slowly then do the same to Rapunzel, making her smile.

Then they made it to the castle, Rapunzel eagerly looking around.

"Rapunzel sure looks happy," Sora said.

"She does," Donald agreed.

"Well, her dream's gonna come true. They're sendin' the lanterns up after dark," Goofy informed.

"Cool! We don't wanna miss that!" Sora stated.

"Yeah. It's really beautiful," Jamie assured.

Rapunzel soon got her hair braided to where it wasn't dragging behind her as she walked around. Then she and Flynn got in line for food when Rapunzel noticed a mural on a wall of the King, Queen, and the baby princess. A little girl placed a flower at the bottom of it

"It's for the lost princess," she told her little brother.

Rapunzel looked back at the painting of the baby princess and noticed some resemblance between them. Her thoughts were then interrupted by people playing music, so she immediately started dancing, to which everyone noticed her.

"C'mon, everyone! Come dance with us!" she urged, to which they did.

As they danced, Jamie pulled Sora into the dance and they couldn't stop. But when the music ended they ended up together, their faces inches apart. Rapunzel and Flynn were the same.

"To the boats!" someone called, making both part and prepare for the lanterns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! I love it!