Rex Found

They made it to the second floor and looked around in amazement. Then something dinosaur-like caught Woody's eye.

"Rex!" Woody called, he ran after it, but he didn't see it, then asked, "Where'd he go?"

"You sure you saw him?" Buzz asked.

"Yes, he just--" woody started.

"Shh. Do you guys hear something?" Sora wondered.

"Hmm...What's that?" Goofy asked, pointing to a figure poking barely over a display of toys.

"Something feels wrong," Buzz said.

"I'm with you on that one," Jamie agreed.

Soon enough, a large toy came out, ready to attack.

"Another toy's being controlled!" Sora shouted.

Buzz was hesitant, but eventually aimed his laser at it, which Sora noticed.

"Buzz, you sure?" Sora wondered.

"If it wanted to play nice, then it should've stayed away from my friends," Buzz pointed out.

They fought it for a good bit until it was down. But when it was about to attack again, Rex, on a plane attached to the ceiling, spun like crazy until it came off and knocked it down.

"What's this? Oh no! What did I do?!" Rex asked, running away.

"Nice moves, Rex!" Woody complemented.

"That was great!" Goofy did the same.

"Great? Really? Would you say I was impressive?" Rex wondered.

"Very impressive, Rex. We couldn't look away," Buzz said.

"Hurray! Oh, that makes me so happy! Were you watching too? Did you see what I did?" Rex rambled.

"Yeah, good for you," Donald told him.

"Listen, Rex. Would ya-- Earth to Rex," Woody said as Rex continued rambling.

"Do you know where the others were taken?" Sora asked.

"What do you mean? Did something bad happen?" Rex wondered.

"Back to square one," Buzz remarked.

"Oh, great," Woody groaned then asked, "Sarge! Have you got a status report?"

"Sir! One of my men just located Hamm forward of our position, in Babies and Toddlers. The corporal was debriefing him, but something must have gone wrong. All radio contact has been lost," Sarge explained.

"Anything more specific we can go on?" Buzz asked.

"Right before I lost contact, I heard music with some sort of sonic interference," Sarge answered.

"Music?" Buzz wondered.

"You think it could be the Heartless?" Goofy suggested.

"What if it's another big monster?" Donald added.

"Either way, we gotta help them," Jamie said.

"So let's find out," Sora responded.

"I agree," Woody nodded.

They headed out of the store when Rex spoke up.

"Actually, I think I'll head back and wait by the entrance. I'm sure those vents are gonna be much too narrow for my big dinosaur tail," Rex said.

"Really? I'm sure you'd fit," Sora said.

"He could be a lookout for us in case someone unexpectedly comes in," Jamie suggested.

"Not a bad idea, Jamie," Buzz complemented, making Jamie smile, then Buzz told Rex, "It's an important mission. Can you do it?"

"Yes, sir!" Rex saluted.

Buzz returned it then they went their separate ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Buzz is slowly warming up to the group. And they found Rex! Now on to find the others.