Isolated I Prinxiety

Virgil was the outcast of the group. He wasn't very fond of the sides(except Patton) and he didn't interact with any of the sides in his spare time. But Virgil did not like one side specifically. He did not like Roman and Roman did not like Virgil. Or so it seemed. Even though Roman called Virgil names, Roman started to catch feeling for the dark one. But Roman never gained the courage to tell him since he thought that Virgil would reject immediately. When Roman started to get anxious about telling him he started to isolate himself from the group. He barely interacted in videos unless absolutely necessary and he never came out of his room.

Four Months Later~
The sides decided to have dinner together. When Patton finished making spaghetti and meatballs he called everyone to the dining room. When Logan and Virgil arrived Patton's face lit up.

"Hey, Kiddos! How are you guys?"

"I'm fine"

"Hey Virgil"

"Yeah, dad?"

"can you go get Roman?"

Virgil rolls his eyes

"Yes"

Virgil walks out of the kitchen and knocks on Roman's door

"Princey, dinner is ready"

When Virgil gets no response he knocks again.

"Roman, come out"

Still no response. Virgil opens the door and closes it behind him. He starts to walk around the creative sides room. Virgil is taken by surprise when he hears... crying? He walks up the stairs and when he arrives at Roman's bedroom he puts his ear up to the door. Sure enough, that's where the source of the crying. Virgil knocks on the door.

"Princey, may I come in?"

"N-no"

Neglecting what Princey said Virgil opened the door and saw Roman curled up in a ball on his bed.

"G-go a-a-away"

"What's going on?"

Seeing Roman like this makes Virgil feel bad. Virgil sits beside Roman and Roman looks up at Virgil. Looking into Roman's glassy eyes makes Virgil feel horrible.

"What's going on Princey"

"I don't want to t-talk about it"

"Well I'm not leaving until you tell me"

"Fine"

Roman takes a deep breath and looks at Virgil.

"Virgil, I like you. I have for a while and that's why I've been distant. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier but I was afraid"

For Roman, it feels like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. Virgil just sat there, his face heating up. When Roman makes eye-contact with the shadowy figure on his bed, Virgil looks away.

"Look, Virge, you don't need to return feelings for me. I understand-"

"Roman. I like you too. The reason why I was so rude to you was that I was afraid of falling for you so I tried to get around those feelings by being mean to you but it didn't work. My emotions took over. I like you Roman"

Roman couldn't believe his ear. A smile appeared on Roman's face and he wrapped Virgil in a bear hug. Virgil hugged Roman back and they sat there for a couple of minutes just enjoying each other's company.

"I love you, Virge"

"I love you too Princey"

Roman kissed the top of Virgil's head and Virgil nuzzled into Roman's chest.

"You're too cute you know that right?"

Virgil shook his head still buried in Roman's chest.

"So why'd you come again?"

"To tell you it's dinner"

"Well we should go then"

Roman releases Virgil from his grip and they both get up.

"wait"

"what's wrong roman?"

Roman kissed Virgil on his forehead making Virgil's face the colour of his sash. Virgil held the door open for Roman and when they arrived at the kitchen Patton smiled at the sight of Roman smiling.

"And why are you smiling Kiddo?"

"Well Virgil paid me a visit and I got something off my chest that I've wanted to for four long months now"

"Well, that's great Kiddo! Let us eat now!"

Roman and Virgil sat down beside each other. When Virgil finished Roman took the chance to do something he's already wanted to do.

"Hey, Virge!"

"what Princey?"

"Want to do the spaghetti scene from 'Lady and the Tramp'?"

Virgil's face dropped and went red. Patton gasped and Logan was surprised. Virgil took a deep breath.

"alright"

"really?"

"Why not"

Virgil sat back down and Roman pushed his plate of pasta between Virgil and himself. Roman took his fork and grabbed the longest piece of pasta he could grab. He takes one end and Virgil takes the other. They begin to eat the pasta until their lips meet. Virgil was so shocked he turned away and Roman laughs. He wraps his arms around Virgil but Virgil gets out of his grip. He puts his plate in the sink and walks to his room. Roman stands up and follows Virgil.

"Are you okay Virge?"

Virgil doesn't respond and continues to walk to his room. he opens the door and Roman follows. He stops walking and Roman closes the door behind him.

"What's wrong Virgil?"

"That was just scary"

"I'm sorry"

"don't be. It's just me"

Roman gives Virgil a hug and Virgil hugs him back. after a bit, Virgil mummers 'that was a sad kiss' and Roman is taken by surprise.

"What?"

"It was a sad kiss"

Virgil put his lips against Roman's and Roman hugged Virgil tighter. Eventually, oxygen pulls them apart and they gasp for air.

"now that was a good kiss"

"It sure was Princey"

They walked over to the couch and sat down and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas.

A/N This is an iffy chapter. I think I could've done better. I hoped you liked it!

Word count: 934