What are you doing? I Anxceit

TW: mention of a panic attack
This chapter is before the Intrusive Thoughts episode so Thomas doesn't know about Remus. Just read and you'll understand why.
Virgil hated Deceit. That was an understatement, he hated Deceit with every cell in his body. Virgil has never liked Deceit and never plans to.

Deceit also hated Virgil but in a different way. He hated how he liked Virgil. Deceit does get on Virgil's nerves all the time which he does to try and convince himself not to fall in love but he found out he was lying to himself. He loved the way he would give a small smile when Patton did something funny or how he would insult Roman without even trying.

But Virgil around Deceit was a different story. He would hiss at him, Virgil would try and beat into everyone's heads that Deceit couldn't be trusted.

Virgil doesn't know the whole story though. He doesn't know about why Deceit annoys him and he thinks it's because he's an ex dark side...

"Virgil"
"What do you want Deceit"
"I want to talk"
"Sorry chief. That ain't happening"
"You can listen to me or deal with Remis tomorrow"

Virgil shot a death glare at Deceit who chuckled.

"Thomas should never know about him"
"Well you can listen to me"
"You're bluffing. Get out"

Deceit sunk down chuckling. He knows Virgil won't listen to him but-

"Remus"
"What Deceit?"
"I think you will have your introduction tomorrow"
"Really?"
"Well Virgil may be expecting it but who cares"

Deceit tries to get Virgil to listen to him but no matter how hard he tries he never does. Deceit wants to change that.

The next day~
Virgil and the side's were trying to get Roman to stop nagging them about the intrusive thoughts from last night. That ended up not working because Remus showed up.

"Boo"
"Deceit..." Virgil mummers.

Virgil was uncomfortable for the rest of the episode thinking on how Deceit was behind this but how? He couldn't make Thomas think those thoughts, Thomas has to think them on his own. After everyone left Virgil sighed.

"I thought I could protect you... from them"
"Why should you be held to a different standard than everyone else?"
"Because I was one of them"

Virgil sinks down into the mind palace and goes straight to Deceit. He sinks down and appears in Deceit's hideout. Deceit was sitting on the couch with a book.

"What the hell did you do?!"

Deceit jumped at Virgil's sudden appearance.

"In case you've forgotten, I'm Able to appear randomly too"
"How can I help you?"
"What did you do to get Thomas to think those thoughts last night?"
"Nothing ask Remus"
"No, you did something."

Deceit chuckles.

"So you can make observations"
"I'm not here to hear your bullshit. Just tell me"
"Answer my question first"
"Why?"
"Why do you hate me?"
"Because you lie to Thomas!"
"That's not the reason"
"Yes it is"
"Virgil. I'm literally Deceit."
"Fine. I... I hate you because you literally put me through hell when I was with you"
"Virgil when will you catch on?! That's also a lie. Tell me the truth"
"You don't deserve the truth."
"Sure I do"
"You really don't"
"It must be something big then"

Virgil rolls his eyes and starts to leave but Deceit grabs his arm.

"You're not leaving so easily Virgil"
"Why?"
"Because you're going to tell me the truth"
"You can't make me"
"Oh really?"

Virgil hesitates but sinks back up to stand on the floor of Deceit's room. Deceit smirks and lets go of his arm. Virgil was about to say something when a red light goes off.

"Deceit! Thomas is having an anxiety attack! I need to go"
"Fine"

Virgil sinks down and Deceit sighs. He was so close to.

After Thomas' anxiety attack has died down~
Deceit stood up and started making his way to his room. Before he could get to the stairs Virgil appears and collapses on him. Deceit got worried.

"Virgil! You okay??"
"No...  that anxiety attack took way too much... energy"
"Okay one minute"

Deceit pulls Virgil onto his feet and picks him up into a fireman carry. He was to his room and places Virgil on his bed.

"Get some rest, regain your energy"
"Why?"
"You are literally breathing like a dog"

Virgil starts to slow his breathing.

"Why did you come to me?" Deceit asks sitting on a chair at the foot of the bed.
"Because I came to tell you the truth"
"About What?"
"The question earlier"
"Ah. Very well"
"I don't really hate you as much as I used to but I still hate you"
"I do too carry on"
"Well..."

Virgil falls asleep. Deceit sighed and stood up. He went downstairs to get a cup of tea only to be met by Roman.

"Why hello roman"
"Hey Deceit, where's Remus"
"Remus"

Deceit summons Remus and points at Roman.

"There's Remus but I can't stay"
"Why?"
"Roman... I'm helping Virgil regain his strength after that anxiety attack"
"Okay"

Roman and Remus left and Deceit got some tea. He walked back upstairs to see Virgil sleeping soundly. Deceit sat back down and began to read his book. Around ten minutes and a cup of tea later Deceit finished his book. He put it down and didn't even realize Virgil was awake.

"When did you wake up?"
"Five-ish minutes ago. Why am I even here?"
"After you helped Thomas with his anxiety attack you came here drained"
"Why are you doing this? I thought you hated me"
"Yeah about that"
"I can't trust you"
"You're going to trust me now okay?"
"Why would I?"
"Because I was kind enough to help you"
"Fine..."
"I helped you because you impress me, you really do-"
"I literally said that to Roman..."
"Let me finish Alright?"
"Okay but if it's bullshit I'll call you out"
"Well I kinda like You Virgil"
"Bullshit- wait what?"
"I said I like you"

Virgil sat there, speechless. He knew what he should say which is 'no you don't' but he kind of believes him.

"Do you really?"
"Yes, I do Virgil! Why would I lie about that?"
"You're Deceit! Why wouldn't you lie about that"
"I didn't"

Roman walked in with Remus.

"Looks like mom and dad are already fighting"
"Roman I swear to god unless you don't want me to tell Logan where all his pens went you better shut up"
"Yesh, didn't know Hot Topic got more of an attitude after the anxiety attack"
"You think I'm hot. That's nice"
"That's not what I meant!"

Virgil chuckles and Deceit signalled to leave. Roman left red as he possibly could and Remus was laughing. After the door shut Deceit turned to Virgil.

"So, Hot Topic," Deceit snickered
"You think I'm hot?"
"That's What I've been trying to tell you all along!"

Virgil blushed and looked at Deceit.

"Maybe you aren't so bad after all"
"I wouldn't go that far"
"Yeah, you're right."
"You haven't changed at all"
"I have so!"
"You mean the intense eyeshadow? That's no change"
"shut up"
"You can go y' know?"
"Yep. I'm deciding to stay here"

A/N this is one of my iffy chapters but I wanted to get one out. I hoped you found it good.
Word count: 1221