snuggling

Stella

Hercules was a part of my childhood, and I found it so weird, Hector didn't know anything about it. But after two episodes, he'd gotten the gist of it, and it only made it more fun.

I served snacks, vegetable sticks with Taylor's dip, chocolate and some candy.

Hector leaned back against the couch, hands behind his head.

I couldn't help but look. He wore a pale blue dress shirt and jeans. Nothing fancy.

He turned his head and looked at me.

I struggled not to blush. "Uhm, so, in the supermarket? It was my sister, Taylor."

He nodded. "She's studying, right?"

"Yeah," I said. "You're her teacher, as well as my brother's teacher."

"I've realized," he said and glanced at the TV.

"This won't affect their grade, will it?" I asked.

He declined by a shake of his head. "I promise, it won't."

"Will you teach them for semesters to come?"

"I think so," he said. "But I'll finish my Ph.D. next year, so maybe I'll only teach courses that are more related to my thesis."

I nodded.

He reached over and gave my hand a squeeze.

I smiled.

"It won't affect their grades," he promised. "And if I'm the least bit unsure, I'll discuss it with someone else."

"Thank you." I whispered.

He smiled.

He was handsome, so damn handsome. And he had a dimple on one check when he smiled.

His eyes were so dark.

I swallowed.

"Maybe we could cook something, next time?" he suggested.

I nodded. "Uhm, Taylor and Adam are home all weekdays."

"We can do it at my place," he volunteered.

"I'd like that."

He smiled, not looking away from my face.

I bit my lip and glanced in the direction of the TV. Hector placed his warm hand on top of mine on the couch.

My eyes were drawn to it.

He grabbed my hand and gently intertwined our fingers.

I smiled and looked at his handsome face.

He was smiling, but he looked hesitant. Or nervous? This was almost worse than the asking out. This in between state, is kissing too much? Hugging? Holding hands? I couldn't figure it out.

We watched an episode before either of us spoke.

It seemed almost natural, or then it was as if neither of us noticed. We moved closer, until Hector put his arm around me.

That was it, nothing more and nothing less.

I leaned into him, just the slightest.