solution

Macaria

I found the living room. An Underworld equivalent of a TV, a globe in the corner, and a couch. It almost appeared homely. The silence was still there.

I flipped through a book Hades had given all of us. Greek Mythology. We all needed a guideline as to who was related to whom and how.

The door was opened behind me.

I spun around, facing Melinoë. Gently I put the book back.

"So," she said. "The solution. I asked around, Persephone is on Earth. I just checked, she's not even in the same state as Stella and Hades. She's bound by her mortal woman's life. But, if I incarnate and stay close to Hades and Stella? Just find me some girl who's already dying. Cancer or something I won't survive."

"Are you always so cynical?" I asked.

"Nah," Melinoë said. "I don't like being on Earth. It's tedious, and I'm cut off from my magic. It bothers me."

"Then why do it?" I asked.

She looked at me. "Because unlike you and Zagreus, I can sense, even on Earth, where Gods and demi-Gods are. Meaning I will be able to sense where Persephone will be, and Hades, and thus keep them apart. I just don't want to stay for longer than I have to, hence the dying girl."

I nodded. "How did Persephone get to Earth?"

"Have you talked to Zagreus?"

"No," I said. "I can't get a hold of him."

"Well, I did get a hold of him," Melinoë said. "He was in Erebos, I've sent him back, had Charon to walk him. Persephone forced him, forced him down here too."

"She didn't!" I said.

"Macaria, that woman is obsessed with Hades, you know that."

I shrugged. "Yeah."

"So, the plan will work. I even told Zagreus, though he won't do anything until dawn. So, off you go, it'll work out." She shooed me out of the living room.

"You have to show me out, I don't know the way." I reminded her.

She sighed and walked me to the door.