details

Stella

I stretched under the covers and yawned. My head didn't feel fuzzy, and I felt better. That was something.

A warm body was spooning behind me.

I smiled. Hades.

He pressed a kiss to the back of my head. "How are you feeling?"

"Better," I admitted.

"Good."

I turned so I could see his face. "Like, in the Underworld, do you ever suffer headaches, migraines or the common cold?"

He smiled. He looked delicious right now. His beard a little longer than normal, though still stubbles, his hair tousled and not in a bun. I'd never had a thing for long hair on guys, but with Hades? It felt right.

"We do," he said. "But most things can be cured by Ambrosia."

"Smart substance." I mused.

He pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Please tell me you have something for breakfast?"

I smiled up at him. "And if I don't?"

He almost groaned. "Then I guess I'll have to go buy something."

I laughed, I couldn't help it. "We've got something."

"Adam came home last night, before I went to bed. He didn't look alright."

I hated that. "Dad knows that if he wants to do something, he can make Adam feel bad about anything. Only Dad, otherwise he's pretty resistant."

Hades' dark eyes were glued to my face. "Maybe you should talk to your dad?"

"I've tried," I said, tired of this conversation. "Dad doesn't take no for an answer."

Hades moved into a sitting position.

"And I know Adam hates it. Sometimes I feel like I should be nicer to Dad, just because of Adam, but I can't."

"Why?" Hades asked tentatively.

"How would you feel about being nice to a person who, for the first twelve years of your life, didn't care? Yes, he cared for the first few years, but I don't remember that, or then Mom did? But what about after that? He didn't care, and when he started to, it was as if he would start where we'd left off. Me being a few years old. And at that point? I was past twelve."

Hades frowned. "Did your Mom look after you? I don't think you made it clear the last time."

I shrugged. "To a certain extent she did, but after I turned, after I began school, like, not kindergarten but real school, I was left to myself."

Hades nodded.

"Why?"

"I'm just trying to understand you." He answered simply.

I bit my lip. "I just hate to see Adam caught in this, because Dad doesn't see we're adults."

"Talk to him," Hades said. "It sucks, but it's the best thing you can do."

I nodded. "I know." I got out of bed and looked at Hades. "Breakfast?"

"Yes, please!" he said.

I laughed.