cooking

Stella

Lisa's parents were the type of parents I wanted to be had I ever children. Work was okay, and Dad eventually stopped calling. Donna texted me, saying he was sorry and wanted to apologize.

Well, he'd have to wait.

I drove to Hades' apartment Friday after work. I had my school stuff in the car. Now that I knew him better, it didn't matter as much that I didn't go home after work. Yes, I was still tired, more than I should be, but I was fine by chilling at his place.

I called Adam when I arrived at Hades' place. He didn't pick up, so I tried Taylor.

"Hey?" she replied.

"Hey," I said. "Uhm, has Dad contacted you?"

"Yeah," she said. "He says he still believes it would be better for Adam and I to stay with them."

I gritted my teeth and took a deep breath.

"I told him it wouldn't happen, and then I told him I'd hang up if he wanted to push me. He hung up."

"And Adam?" I asked.

"I've told him to be firm, we both support him."

"Yeah," I said. "Also, I'm at Hades' place, so I won't be there if he comes over."

"Adam's with some friends and I've got work in an hour."

"Okay, take care, okay?"

"You too," Taylor said. "Say hi to Hades for me, will you?"

"Sure," I said.

"Love you!" Taylor said.

"You too," I muttered before the line went dead.

I got out of the car and went inside.

Hades opened the door the second I pressed the doorbell.

"Hi," I said.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes?" I asked and stepped inside.

He locked the door after me. "You look super tired."

I looked at Hades. "It's been a long week."

"Avoiding your Dad?"

I shrugged. "I usually don't talk to him on a weekly basis."

Hades nodded as if it made perfect sense.

I took off my shoes and put my bag down. "Is it okay I'm here? Even if I'm tired?"

"You are always more than welcome," he said and kissed my cheek. "I made dinner, lasagna sounds good?"

"Mouthwatering," I said. "I didn't know you could cook."

"Sweetheart, you can't exist for this long and not know how to cook at least something."

I smiled and followed him to the kitchen.