take it

Hades

It was better than I'd anticipated. Stella was smiling, and after we both finished our desserts and hot chocolate, she snuggled into me.

I leaned back against the backrest, my arm wrapped around Stella's shoulders.

"I don't remember how Persephone looks," Stella said.

"But?" I asked and looked at her.

"But I saw someone today who reminded me of her."

"Where?" I asked. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

Stella paused the show and looked at me. "School parking lot. Picking up a student and a friend. You know, two students."

I nodded slowly.

"What?" she asked. "She was slender, with curves, dark blond hair with waves. I don't know more, she was too far away. Something about her facial features just had me thinking of Persephone."

I took a deep breath. "The only way a God, or demi-God can reincarnate on Earth, is by inhabiting someone else. She cannot inhabit someone and have her own features shine through. So either it's just an uncanny resemblance, or then you know her to be Persephone. Usually you just have to, with emphasis on have to say that person's name."

"I don't think it was anything, I just had a feeling she looked like her." Stella muttered. "Can I have a kiss?"

"Take it," I challenged.

Stella narrowed her eyes, still smiling. "No, then I'll wait."

"What about me?" I asked.

"You can take it," she said and stuck her tongue out at me.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her to me, making her straddle me. And I kissed her.

She gasped, her fingers clutching at my t-shirt.

I parted her lips and turned us, in order for her to lie on the couch, me positioned above her.

With her beneath me, I broke the kiss.

She almost gasped for air, her blue eyes were huge.

I brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes.

"What are you on?" she asked. She wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled.

"I'm intoxicated by you, sweetheart."

"You are so cheesy!" she said.

"Live with it," I muttered and kissed the corner of her mouth.

Her breathing hitched.

I pressed my lips to her cheek.

"Hades," she whispered.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm not comfortable doing this on a couch."

"We're just kissing?" I asked confused, meeting her blue eyes.

"Yeah, but still."

"What do you want to do then?" I asked, unsure of what she actually meant.

"Your bedroom," she whispered.

I sighed. "Okay."

"If you want to."

"Sweetheart, I want to, I just don't want to go too fast if you're not interested."

She smiled. "I can say no."

I nodded and turned off the TV, dragging Stella to my bedroom.

She pushed me down on the bed, taking me by surprise. Leisurely she climbed up on the bed and crawled on top of me. She had her hair in a ponytail.

Gently she captured my hands in hers, pressing them into the mattress before leaning down and kissing me.

I sighed against her soft caress.

"What are you doing to me?" she whispered before kissing me again.

What was she doing to me? I hadn't enjoyed spending time with another woman before Stella came along. There had been others, but not in this scale. And Macaria and Melinoë were incomparable to this. They felt like daughters, though it was complicated.

Stella let my hands go and flattened herself out on top of me.

I rolled us over, gazing down at her.

She pulled out her hair elastic and reached up to pull mine out as well.

"So," she said, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"So?" I asked.

"Now you've got me here."

"That I do," I whispered and kissed her. We could always talk.