not okay

Hades

She did fall asleep. It took longer than I thought, but animal programs were only so interesting, if it wasn't something you were really into.

The blanket weren't covering us, and she felt warm without it. We were spooning, and I weren't cold either.

It took me another hour, before I decided it was time to go to bed. I turned off the TV and untangled myself from Stella.

Careful, I carried her to her bedroom and tucked her in. The bed look comfortable, and with no one home, I didn't feel too good about leaving her. Who knew if her Dad had a key?

And she did say I could stay.

I turned off the lights, made sure the door was locked, and went to the bedroom.

And the door was unlocked.

I flicked on the light – I missed the light doing what I asked – and Adam stepped in.

He seemed just as surprised as me. "Hey," he said.

"Hi." I replied.

He didn't look okay at all, but I figured it wasn't my job to ask.

"Is Stella here?"

"Asleep," I said.

He nodded. "Okay." He locked the door and walked passed me into a bedroom.

I turned off the light and went into Stella's bedroom. So I slept wearing jeans, because I figured she wouldn't be too pleased waking up finding me only partially dressed.

I slipped into bed behind her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

She sighed softly and put her hand atop of mine.

I smiled. I'd missed this. The feeling of someone sleeping beside me. Of Stella, specifically, sleeping beside me.