quiet

Melinoë

I spotted Hades walking into a gym with two guys. So, Melisandre saw a guy with short, dark hair. I saw Hades. She would get used to it, given she had no idea who Hector was.

I went into a coffee shop. Melisandre was tired of doing anything physical active, so I spent a lot of time staring into her screen.

The screen bothered me. I missed the silence. The quiet.

When she felt she'd finished, she left the coffee shop.

At the exact moment Hades did too.

He smiled at something his human buddies said before looking to cross the street. His gaze landed on me, and he noticed immediately. I knew this, because I felt as if I was in charge now, not Melisandre.

He said something to his friends who nodded and they left. Hades crossed the street.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I am trying to prevent Persephone from doing something she most definitely will regret," I said.

"By being on Earth? You hate being on Earth."

"Yes," I said. "But I enjoy having you around, in a happier condition."

He looked past me.

"Persephone is in Arizona," I informed him. "She has plans to move, but her human is not so keen, she's got kids."

Hades nodded. "How did Zagreus agree to this?"

"She forced him, crying and pleading before holding him captive in Erebos. That place is too deep for me to have an eye everywhere. She was there for five minutes, approximately. I found Zagreus, though he'd agreed to send her to Earth. She had some allies to help her. They have been banished from any part of Erebos with contact to other parts of the Underworld."

Hades nodded. "Shit."

"I know," I said, trying to sound remotely interested. "But I've got an eye out for her, just think about Stella."

"Is she alright?" he asked.

I smiled a humorless smile. "Tired. The accident is taking a toll on her body, though I'm pretty sure she'll be alright. No untimely death for her."

"Thanks, Melinoë." He said.

I nodded and crossed the street to Melisandre's car.