different

Stella

I started the car, synced it with my phone, and called Lisa.

"Hey girl!" she answered.

"Hey," I replied and put on my seatbelt before driving away from the parking lot.

"So, Daniel and I talked about moving in together, and my flat is the flat of choice!"

"Oh my God! That's amazing, Lisa!" I gushed.

"I know, right?!"

"Totally!"

"What's the deal with you? Why haven't you told me you like him so much that you stayed over?"

I bit my lip. "Hey, do you remember when we talked about the dreams I'd had while being in the coma, or afterwards?"

"Yes?" Lisa said, hesitant.

"I think I've met the guy, Hector, who was the, uhm, person in the dream." I deliberately said Hector's name, not Hades'.

"No shit!" Lisa said.

"Yeah," I swallowed. "But it confuses me, because I have this recurring dream, where we, you know, became a couple?"

"Oh," Lisa said. "Yeah, I understand the trouble. But hey, it was a dream, right? That means, you just have to find common ground in the real world?"

I smiled. "Maybe."

"And, duh, Hector is super-hot." I heard an exclamation somewhere behind her. "Daniel claims he's the only one I should believe to be hot."

"You can acknowledge other people's hotness, that doesn't mean you would ever want to change what you've got."

"Exactly, babe!" Lisa said and blew him a kiss.

I smiled. "I'll leave you to it, we're going for a walk this afternoon."

"Neat!" She said. "Then we'll have to go out sometime, just the two of us. I need a new dress, and you do too! They have a sale going."

"Fine," I said. I wasn't a big shopper. I knew what I liked, and I didn't feel like looking at a thousand other options for no particular reason.

Lisa laughed. "I love ya, girl!"

"Love you too."

We hung up, and I parked next to Taylor and Adam's car. Something didn't feel right, so I stayed in the car.

A minute later a car drove into the lot and started to spin. Maybe that was why.

I checked my phone until the car was gone, and practically ran inside.

Adam was gone, and Taylor was preparing.

"Hi," I said.

She looked my way. "Oh my God! Please text!" She flung herself at me, arms around my neck. She's taller than me.

"I fell asleep, so that's why I didn't text." I placated her.

"Okay," Taylor let me go. "You look madly in love, but also oddly indecisive about everything."

I nodded. "I'll be fine."

"Sure?"

          I nodded. "Dad wanted to talk to me, with Donna too, about our living arrangements, because I shouldn't be looking after you guys."

Taylor scowled at me.

"I told him we were all adults, and that if he wanted to discuss it, he had to discuss it with all of us."

"Seriously?" Taylor asked. She groaned. "Man, I love him, I really do, and I talk with him more than you do, but it sucks he's going behind my back."

I smiled and gave her hand a squeeze. "Taylor, we made this arrangement, not Dad. He just wants to show he's a responsible Dad now."

She nodded. "I have to go."

"Have a nice day!" I reminded her. "I'm going for a walk with Hades later, so I don't know when I'll be home."

"Text if you get the chance."

"Will do." I promised.

She kissed my cheek and went out the door.

I rubbed my face and discarded my pants in my bedroom. The exercises were done, I showered and got dressed. A layer of mascara, and I was ready to face the day. Or Hades again.

Lunch was simple. A salad and some leftover Taylor and Adam had made.

Then I drove to the beach. I wanted to get there before Hades, so I could be somewhere else and think. Because I wanted this, I hadn't stopped loving him, this was just... I didn't feel the same, and I wasn't sure Hades fully understood that.