something

Stella

I stretched and opened my eyes. Hades' living room.

I was sitting in a second. Shit. I hadn't slept all night, had I?

"Nice nap?" Hades asked.

He sat by the dining table, his laptop open and a book next to him. He smiled a relaxed smile.

I nodded. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize," he said and looked at the screen. "You were tired, of course you need to sleep." He shut the computer and stood. "I have a suggestion."

"Okay?" I asked warily. I felt bad for just falling asleep for no reason.

Hades smiled. "I want a snack, dessert if you like. So, I'm going to make us something and you are going to find something we can watch. And not too much romantic comedy, please."

I smiled. "I feel too lucky with you."

"When you've existed as long as I have, it's I who's lucky," he said, winked and left the room.

I visited the bathroom. I'd had my period just days before. It had just come to an end, and that too was probably why I was so tired. I peed, and went back to the couch to find something to watch.

I settled on Sex Education, simply because I hadn't found anything beyond that when I heard Hades return.

He put down two bowls on the coffee table before leaving again. Ice cream. Chocolate. Chopped nuts. Berries.

He returned with two mugs filled with hot chocolate.

"I would've done this had you been here or not, before you even consider apologizing again," he handed me the mug and looked at the screen.

"I've heard some of my students discuss that show," he said.

"Yeah? Me too, but I haven't had a lot of energy to actually watch anything."

"It's just turn the TV on and watch whatever's on?" he guessed.

I nodded and sipped at the hot chocolate.