chemistry

Stella

I went down the stairs and sat in my car for ages, before I turned the key.

Fuck.

Yes, I remembered.

My eyes felt watery, and I killed the engine. Now wasn't the time to be too emotional.

Fuck! Hades.

Of course, the only person who could accept me was the fucking god of the dead. I wasn't sure what to do, as he was still... this challenged my entire world view.

I started the car and found some music. Something loud enough to block my memories for a bit.

With the music loud I drove home. Careful. I'd never driven so carefully ever before, and the cars behind me didn't appreciate it.

But I just needed to make it home safe.

I parked the car and ran to the door, up the stairs and tiptoed into the flat.

It was empty.

It was the following weekend Anna would throw that party. I went to my bedroom and changed into pajamas. My teeth brushed, I'd done my exercises, and I lay down in bed.

He had accepted me. I wasn't sure how, but the fact that he'd been alive for centuries and then had chosen me must mean something. Or then he just... but why would he lie? After everything, why would he care so much, if he didn't meant it?

Even Macaria seemed to be overjoyed with the fact that Hades even looked in my direction.

This felt like a weird dream.

As if I was still in that coma and just living my earthy live in the Underworld. What was this?!

I wanted to be with him. But I... we had to get to know each other again. He didn't know me here, because I sure as hell wasn't so... I would never snoop in anyone's stuff here. I would never just bathe naked with a guy.

I turned unto my side and stared into darkness.

The silence felt suffocating, though the idea of noise was even worse.

I shut my eyes.

And saw Hades.

His dark eyes and secretive smile. He was sexy and handsome, and it had felt as if he was mine. But I wasn't the same, and was he? This wasn't the Underworld, this was Earth. He wasn't the god of anything here, he was just a Ph.D. student.

But on the other side, I couldn't shake that feeling of complete acceptance. He had loved me, exactly like I was, and that had, I guess, made me braver to do those things.

Yeah, I would still pick a fight, if I didn't believe I was being treated fair. When I had considered tonight, I'd thought maybe Hector would kiss me. Or we'd snuggle on his couch. Not... not that he turned into Hades.

But now that I remembered Hades, the chemistry with Hector was miles away. It was so different.