i just do

Melinoë

I was contemplating going back home instead of staying. But something Stella had said about her father bugged me. I had Melisandre help me – I was not that into computers, globes worked differently – find Stella's father.

I was parked in front of his and Donna's house. No judgement, but who was even called Donna anymore? I was judgmental, I knew.

I left the car and went to the front door. Melisandre was a bit like me, in that sense, she just knocked.

The door was opened by a man with gray hair, blue eyes and a blue shirt.

"Hello?"

I smiled. "Hi, my name is Melisandre," I said and shook his hand. "I know Stella, your daughter. She helped me earlier."

"She doesn't live here," he said, guarded.

I ran over my options. "Listen, uhm, she told me that she's having an issue with you treating her like she's a child? My father did that to me, and I'm not talking to him. I know it's killing him, my aunt is kindly reminding me."

"Good for you?" he asked.

"Consider what you really want. She's not a kid, she's a grown woman, and if you don't respect her as one, she won't come back, because why should she?" I asked. "Have a nice day, sir." I turned and went back to my car.

"Wait! How do you know this?" He called.

I looked back. "I just do." I said and went to my car and drove away.