Rekindle a Feeling

"Excuse me?"  furrowing her eyebrows Sofia tore the glasses off her face, taking long strides towards Severus.

"What in the hell were you doing with my drawers?" Severus turned towards her, eyes darker than ever before. He slammed some of the papers onto the table. She noticed the bundle of lesson plans which she had been working on during the weekend. 

"Severus I just rewrote some lesson plans and placed them into your drawers!" Sofia tried to keep herself calm although for the first time the potions professor truly scared her rather than simply annoyed her. 

"It is Professor to you! Did your mother forget to teach you manners, Greene?" Sofia clenched her fists, blood boiling at the mention of her mother. She looked at the ceiling mustering all her strength. 

"No, unfortunately not. My mother passed before she could teach me every single one of them!" Sofia held the professor's deranged gaze without blinking. Severus' fist slowly unclenched as he realized he touched a nerve. He proceeded to aggressively open his drawers as if looking for something specific. Once he had found whatever he was looking for, his breathing slowed down as he exhaled. He looked up at Sofia who was completely still. "Ms Greene. I do not want to catch you looking through my drawers again." He could see that there was a twinge of sadness in Sofia's eyes. Severus almost felt guilty for yelling at her without a clear purpose. In an effort to somewhat ease the situation, Severus grabbed the plans in one hand and his wand in the other. Sofia watched as he opened the last drawer in his cabinet and with a swift flick of his wand he cleared it out. He dropped her lesson plans into that drawer. The loud sound of the papers hitting the drawer made Sofia flinch. Looking up Severus gestured to the drawer. "You can keep your useless notes in here during the time that you teach in my classroom." With a quick motion of his hand, he locked the rest of the drawers, storming out. Sofia let out a loud growl before looking at her schedule, she had another class to teach right before dinner, but for now, she had some time to herself. Sofia decided to skip lunch and go straight to her room for some quiet. 

After only moments in her quarters, Sofia realized she needed some company. Only now did it dawn on her that she hasn't quite had a regular human interaction since tea with Minerva.  Grabbing her wand Sofia went over to Remus, in hopes that he was already done with lunch. 

Knocking on his office door Sofia heard a faint come in before she entered. 

"Sof! Darling how are you?" Remus was sitting at his desk, as Sofia came in he gestured for her to sit down. 

"I'm grand Remus, just grand!" She forced a smile.

"I'm assuming your potions classes are going well then?" he smiled at her sheepishly.

"Oh just swell!" Before he could say anything else, Sofia covered her face with her hands and let out a soft whimper. She felt tears streaming down her cheeks. She tried to stop the tears with all her might as she realized how stupid she must look.

"Sof are you crying? What on earth happened?" He walked around the desk kneeling next to her, placing his right arm over her shoulders.

"This is so embarrassing..." She mumbled.

He gently stroked her back. "Sofia Greene in my office crying-|" she looked at him, red-faced. "-it must have been something quite striking." Sofia proceeded to tell Remus the events which partook throughout her first core-class. 

"Sof, Severus can be extremely harsh, you out of all people should know that. I don't truly believe he purposely wanted for you to feel this way." Although Remus was extremely annoyed at Severus, wanting to say something completely different, if not something cruder, he knew that wasn't what she needed wanted to hear.