Distant Minds of One

Sofia couldn't believe herself. Barging into her room and shutting the door behind her, she kicked her bed grunting. Always a little hot-headed. How could she be so stupid? Why did he kiss her? Why did he just leave her there for a fool? Her mind was laced with endless questions. She decided to calm down for a second and try to collect herself. Getting up from the bed and placing both of her hands on her hips she stood there. In silence. "Did I want that to happen?" she whispered. No. she thought again. He is crude, ignorant and selfish. Why would she want to partake in any of that? But if I didn't want this then why am I so distressed, why does it hurt?' She continued. One thing was certain: she did not know what she wanted. She realized that she was once more angry at Severus. Going in circles she tried to fall asleep, after multiple failed attempts, she sat up at her desk and continued to grade the exams until she saw the sun slowly creeping up.

Severus was still in his office. He stood in the middle of the room holding the heavy bottle of wine. Placing it back on the desk he conjured up a cork to close it. Slouching in his chair he decided to finish his almost empty glass of wine. Similarly to Sofia, his mind was an absolute mess. Picking up the note from his desk he examined it once more, twisting and turning it between his fingers. Albus. He thought. He had realized that it's been over a week since he had last searched for the mysterious object . And he has yet to go on another search, starting from the beginning with all the odd locations he had previously visited. Only now specifically searching for a wristwatch. He exhaled a deep low breath. Sofia. His mind interrupted. Severus twisted the ring on his index finger, staring into the fireplace. How could he get involved with her if Hogwarts was at stake? Is there even a legitimate threat? Severus was still very sceptical of this William Greene issue. Greene. His mind reminded him again as he realized that it was impossible for him to think straight. Whenever he tried to be rational in order to asses his options he would see Sofia's face. After a few more minutes of pointless pondering, he couldn't stop himself as he thought back to their kiss. Her lips on his, the soft skin of her face, her pale eyes. Severus soon realized that there was simply no point in continuing to go in circles. No matter how much it pained him to admit, he had to talk to someone.

"Hello, Severus." Albus' warm voice welcomed him.

"Albus." He muttered.

"What brings you here at such a late hour? I assume you enjoyed the wine?" He smiled.

'You could say so." Severus reluctantly replied. "I need to talk to you about William Greene."

"Oh, that is a much less pleasant conversation than I had expected." Albus chuckled.

"Are you still visiting Azkaban?"

"Yes. I'm hoping I can gather more information regarding the threat,"Albus placed his palms together. "You have to continue to search for the watch Severus, you do realize that?"

"How will the watch help us, Albus?" Severus was quickly getting increasingly frustrated with Albus continuously giving him orders without a clear end goal.

"I have my assumptions. But I believe it is too early to discuss them." Always speaking in riddles. Severus thought.

"You want for me to blindly continue searching for it?" His deep voice rasped.

"That is correct, yes, although I don't think I would use the world blindly any longer.  You know that it is a wristwatch. And you have the most important thing at your disposal now, don't you?" Severus looked at him confused. "Sofia, of course."

"Are you telling me you sent the wine in order for me to get closer to her for this particular reason?"

"That among other things, yes..." He shot him a smirk. "You never know, maybe she remembers something about her father which could help us. Or simply what the watch looked like, every little detail would help, Severus."