Young Love

"Albus I can no longer do this."

"Are you telling me you're tired Severus, is that was this is?"

"Of course I am tired." Severus barked. "I have been going in circles. Endless circles. And we are hardly any closer to the solution."

"I don't believe we should be talking about this now." Dumbledore sipped his wine. "The children have all gone to bed. Enjoy the night." He smiled.

"Albus this is breaching insanity I-"

"I do not need other professors hearing this Severus. Now, if you would like to discuss this you are more than welcome in my office any time but now." Severus gritted his teeth. Frustrated, he turned his back to Albus as he swiftly made his way towards the drinks table for another glass of wine. He was exhausted. His trips had become almost constant, this was one of the rare weekends which he got to enjoy to himself, but his mind was still plagued by Dumbledore's orders.

"Alright!" Sofia announced as she walked into the lounge. "All of the Slytherins are finally in their dorm's I think it is safe to say that I can finally enjoy a well-deserved glass of wine!" She smiled picking up a glass, as some of the professors laughed. Remus made it over to her side.

"How was putting them down, did they resist more than usual?"

"Merlin! You make it sound like they're animals, Remus!"

"Well I'm not too far off am I?' He quirked an eyebrow. Sofia wrapped her fingers tightly around the stem of the glass.

"I have to be honest, this 2-hour curfew extension which Albus came up with has made it insanely more difficult tonight."

"Especially after such an eventful night..." Minerva joined in. "Pamona and I had to force some of the girls out of the common room. They simply refused to bid their goodbyes to some of their respective friends." Minerva pursed her lips.

"Ah, of course, young love..." Sofia pondered.

"Say, Sof, do have any fond memories of... refusing to leave the common room?" Remus nudged Sofia continuously as Minerva giggled resembling a schoolgirl. Sofia groaned.

"Come on Sof, give us old folks something to smile about." Remus spoke as he sipped his wine and Minerva shot him a stern look.

"You two are not old!! Besides I was too focused on studying to think about those sort of things..."

"If I remember correctly Sof, there was a time where they had to physically pull a Slytherin Seeker back to his room after the Christmas Ball during your...6th year I believe?" Remus smirked. She squinted her eyes at Remus. She tried to remember that evening. She couldn't quite figure out how he knew about this, she was sure that Remus wasn't patrolling the hallways that night.

"Do tell Sof, what was the guy like?"

"I don't like to kiss and tell Remus! And no one had to physically pull anyone!" Sofia jabbed his side. "Peter was a lovely boy, him and I were quite close during my first year at Hogwarts, he was extremely talented at Herbology."

"Of course! Peter Zain." Minerva added. Both Remus and Sofia were shocked at Minerva's memory. "Where is he now anyway? I remember he was an extraordinary Seeker. Gave the Gryffindors quite a tough time during the games."

"Unfortunately we fell out during the summer. I haven't heard from him since graduation."

"Well, he sounds like a sweet lad." Remus placed his glass on the side table. "Anyways, it was lovely speaking to you ladies but I'm afraid I must depart now. See you all in the morning." Remus left the room as Sofia continued to chat with Minerva.