Isle of Arran

*Image above belongs to WEEDONDER.*

---

During the week Sofia proceeded to teach. She had now covered almost every single core class, ranging from 1st years to 5th years. Severus was still hesitant in allowing her to lead the 6th and 7th-year ones. Although for now, those were enough to satisfy her. Throughout the four years, she spent as an assistant she never got the chance to teach any classes fully on her own. Especially when she helped out Hagrid. Hagrid's classes almost always seemed to get a little out of control. Sofia would consistently find herself in the 'boring', 'mature' role making the students think she was overcautious. Funny thing was, that even though the students and even sometimes teachers called her Professor, she never truly believed she earned the title. Thankfully none of the children ever called her Madam, as that always made her feel extremely outdated.  Two years ago a 1st-year student accidentally called her Professor instead of Ms and it seemed to latch on which for a while made her a little uncomfortable as if she was undermining the other teacher's accomplishments. Until Minerva explained to her that only 3 years of teaching are required before a teacher automatically becomes a professor. Initially, when she agreed to the potions assistant role, she assumed that Severus would never let her lead a class without constant judgement. However, to her surprise, she had advanced the most within her academic career under his watch.

On Thursday Sofia was happy to visit Hagrid after class as he introduced her to his new beast. She happily spent the evening with him, mostly playing cards and drinking tea. She caught up Hagrid on everything that was now happening in her life, which resulted in a few oh's and ah's from him, and some looks of disbelief.  But eventually, he came around. She had missed spending time with him. With her mind being completely filled to the brim with thoughts of Severus and the seemingly pointless wristwatch searches, she realized that she found herself slowly distancing from Hagrid. Although he didn't seem to mind, she could notice that he missed her company.

On Friday Sofia had to teach two lessons in the morning and one core class after lunch before leaving the grounds with Severus to an unknown location. Severus didn't show himself in the Great Hall that morning but Sofia was too distracted with teaching to do anything about it. For all she knew he was simply sleeping in. After lunch, the students were brewing their own Befuddlement Draught. Sofia was insanely nervous as she knew the effects which that potion carried. Usually, it would make the drinker become completely reckless. Sofia could only imagine the consequences of what would happen in a room full of glass jars, dangerous ingredients and endless valuable vials of powders if someone were to become even a little careless. Softly leaning on the teacher's desk she watched the students with angst. As soon as she relaxed a little and promptly turned around she heard a girl squeal. Quickly scanning the room she saw a girl looking completely panicked over her cauldron. The girl's squeal was followed by another, and then another until all the children seemed to become startled, hastily stepping away from one cauldron. Huffing, Sofia walked over to the cauldron. Looking in she saw as the black mass inside was quickly expanding, the mass seemed to be... breathing? Everyone watched as the mass started to move, as if alive. The mass began to climb out of the cauldron, painfully slowly making its way onto the ground as Sofia heard a few more screams. Quickly she took out her wand. Meanwhile, Severus worked in his office before he heard multiple screams come from the classroom. Annoyed, he got up from his chair and firmly pushed the door open. Sofia was too busy watching the mass to notice Severus walk in. She only realized that he was there as she noticed all the children suddenly gasp, and become pale. Looking up she saw him.

"What is going on in here?" He barked as all the students froze. Severus angrily marched over to Sofia who was busy trying to levitate the mass back into the cauldron. After she had managed, she waved her hand. As the mass stopped moving, she placed her wand on the desk huffing. Turning around she found Severus looking over her shoulder. She watched as he turned towards the girl who was closest to Sofia. Everyone in the room was aware of what would happen next; Severus was about to unleash his wrath on the poor girl. Sofia froze as she remembered all the times she had witnessed his anger during her school years. In an attempt to protect the girl she glared at Severus, who didn't seem to notice. Time stood still as Severus glanced between the cauldron and the girl.