1933

William Greene dropped to the ground. His body slumped over the wet grass as Severus felt his wand recoil with a sharp sound. Severus marched towards Greene's lifeless body, pulling his wand out of his hand and shoving it into his frock. Taking a quick glance into the distance, Severus made sure that no students were around to witness this as he squinted at the castle to see if anyone was around. Looking back he noticed Sofia on her knees, her wand by her legs, staring at her hands. 

"Severus, I killed a man." He heard her frail voice. Forgetting William Greene, Severus ran up to her and kneeled by her side taking her face in his hands. "I killed someone." She whispered against his hands as he softly kissed her face. "I killed my father. I killed someone. Severus, I killed him!" Severus pulled her into his chest as she continued to mutter something against him.

"You saved my life-"

"I took someone's life, Severus!" 

"You killed a monster, Sofia." He whispered as he stroked her back. He felt her body begin to shake as he wrapped his arms tighter around her. Sofia continued to stutter the same sentence against him over and over again before both of them heard a sound coming from the forest. Severus jerked his head towards the sound as he watched the terrified girl slip through the forest towards them. "How much of that did you see?" His deep voice called out to the girl, sending shivers down her spine. 

"Everything." 

"Oh my god, Severus I'm going to prison!" Sofia exclaimed. 

"You are not going to prison-"

"I am! I am. I'm going to Azkaban for the rest of my life, oh my god-" Sofia was no longer muttering as she began to wail into his shirt. Severus gripped tighter onto her as the terrified girl watched them. 

"You also saved me, Ms Greene..." The girl whispered. Sofia suddenly tensed as she leaned away from Severus, tears still streaming down her face. Moving her dishevelled hair back wish shaky hands Sofia stared at the girl, terrified that she had traumatized the poor child for life. Sofia tried to gather herself as she hesitantly got up. Severus got up with her, picking up her wand. 

"Ms Lewis, are you alright?" Sofia whispered as she walked up to the Esme. As soon as Sofia spoke Esme began to cry. Sofia quickly gestured for her to come closer. As Esme ran to her Sofia tightly hugged her. The poor girl was in complete shambles as she gripped onto Sofia's shirt. Sofia softly muttered sweet things to her, all whilst wiping away her own tears. Sofia tried her best to hold herself together whilst Severus wrapped his head around everything that just happened. As Esme continued to sob into Sofia's shirt, Sofia looked back at her father's lifeless body. She softly mouthed to Severus that they had to leave, eying the traumatised girl which had latched herself into Sofia refusing to let go. Severus swiftly nodded gesturing for her to carefully walk around the body, making sure for Esme not to see. Severus walked a few feet in front of Sofia and Esme as they made it past the Whomping Willow towards the courtyard. Esme made sure to grip onto Sofia's arm the whole way to the front door before it swung open. Minerva rushed down the staircase to Sofia before she suddenly paused noticing Esme. Minerva paled as she pulled Severus aside to find out everything that just took place. Sofia heard Severus and Minerva mutter things quietly to each other. She heard Severus raise his voice a number of times as she led the girl inside the castle. Sofia was petrified of what would happen to her. She led the girl down to the dungeons to sit with her behind one of the student desks. The two sat in silence together waiting for whatever was going to happen. Sofia knew that she couldn't just take her to bed as Albus would most likely want to talk to her first. She wasn't exactly sure of what the protocol was on a student seeing you perform an unforgettable curse. Sofia stared at the clock in the classroom, painfully watching every second tick as she pictured herself in Azkaban. And if she wouldn't be in Azkaban, she would lose her job. And if she wouldn't lose her job, multiple parents would most likely boycott Hogwarts for having a murderer teacher. Sofia felt her heart race father and faster as she stared at the clock.