Intentions

Arriving once more at the Griffin, Sofia whispered the password. Forgetting to knock she pushed the door open. 

"Albus?" Albus was visibly startled at her abrupt entrance. 

"I really should get a bell. This is becoming quite a regular occurrence. The only thing missing is Severus barging in as well-" Both of them watched the door, as Severus walked into the office with a quick step. "Ah. There he is." Albus smiled. 

"If you have a minute, I wanted to talk to you about William Greene," Sofia spoke as she sat down at Albus' desk. Albus nodded. "Severus told me everything about the watch, the emerald, and the threat." She paused. Albus simply continued to nod. "I was wondering if I could come with him on the search?" She dragged the sentence out squinting at him hope in her eyes. Albus looked up at Severus who once more regained his composture a few steps behind Sofia. He waited for Severus to give him a sign. Any sign of whether he was okay with this or not. But Severus just started back at the man. 

"You realize Sofie that I will then be out of two potion's professors?" Albus quirked an eyebrow. 

"I will cover all the classes with Severus this week. He said he was leaving Thursday. I will make sure to cover Thursday's core class, and as you might now there are almost no potion's classes on Fridays, therefore, I could just join Severus Thursday evening." She rambled on. 

"Is this what you want Sofie?" He asked her. She nodded in return. "You truly believe you could help Severus?" She quickly nodded again. "And you Severus? How do you feel about this?" Both Albus and Sofia stared at Severus. His eyes darted from Sofia to Albus. He noticed Albus'  cheeky smile as Sofia sternly gazed into his own eyes. 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." He spoke dryly grunting. Sofia's eyes lit up with excitement as she looked back at Albus. She always wanted to be a part of something bigger. She similarly hoped that she would find out more about her father from Severus if they were to spend that time together. Maybe he would even be willing to talk about their last kiss...she thought. Quickly she blinked her eyes a few times shaking that thought away before she could feel the familiar shiver dance down her spine. 

"It's settled then! Sofie, make sure you find someone to cover Friday's classes if there are any. And Severus update Sofie on everything you know so far so you can ensure a productive search." As Sofia got up to leave she heard Albus clear his throat, she paused quickly spinning around.

"Don't disappoint me, Sofie." He warned her. Nodding she rushed out of his office. Severus on her heels. Sofia marched down the hallway as he caught up with her. 

"Sofia!" He hissed, she paused in her step, watching as he towered over her. "I hope you realize this isn't some holiday. It's a search." 

"I'm well aware of what a search is Severus but thank you so much for clarifying that for me." She rolled her eyes. 

"Meet me in my office Monday evening after dinner. Don't be late." With that, he swiftly walked by her. She watched his tall figure disappear into the darkness of the hallway. She couldn't help herself as a soft smile came upon her face. 

Monday morning came around faster than she wanted it. The students had once more filled up the dorms, the building no longer quiet. Sofia taught two classes that morning and one in the afternoon. She was excited about her meeting with Severus. Excited to do something which didn't involve potion-brewing, especially because she couldn't wait to find out where they were going. Soon enough dinner came around. Walking through to the Great Hall, she set next to Hagrid. After Albus welcomed all the children back from their break, everyone began eating. She was surprised to see Severus' seat empty. After chatting to Hagrid for a while and finishing her food she noticed that Severus was nowhere to be found. She watched as the children began to head back to their dormitories. Concerned, she finished her drink thinking of what she could do. She knew that he was in his office as she was meant to be meeting him there soon. Maybe he asked Zinky to bring some food to his office? She thought. As she headed towards the kitchen elf door she noticed Zinky.