Untamed Emotions

"Thank you, Albus," Sofia hesitantly pulled her hand away from his grasp. "I'm sure you can discuss the next steps with Severus. However, if you'll excuse me, I need some air-" Sofia began to ramble as she quickly got out of her chair. Both the men watched her as she scrambled towards the door of the office.

Albus politely tried to stop her as she could rush out, "Sofie, you have been a part of this-".

"I know Albus." Sofia sighed as she reached for the door. "-I'm sure Severus can catch me up with everything whenever he has a free moment. But for now, I need to go." Sofia didn't let either of them say another word as she quickly shut the door. The rush of adrenalin quickly left her body as she felt her arms drop as soon as she closed the door behind her. Her body went cold. Her lips were pursed, and her eyes were glass as she slowly walked down the cobblestone hallway. Nothing but the sound of her heels hitting the ground surrounded her. The voices of the students muffled around her as she continued to walk, to the click-clack of her heels. Like an annoying ticking of a clock, or a loose faucet dripping onto her brain. When Sofia finally made it to her room, acted on autopilot, taking off her shoes and her clothes, hopping into the shower. After her shower, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. Her expression was completely pale, emotionless, somehow reminding her of Severus. What am I meant to do now? She caught herself thinking. After changing into some clothes she walked over to her Potion's textbooks, attempting to busy her mind so the emotions couldn't overtake it. But as soon as she opened the first page she simply froze. Failing to comprehend any of the letters on the page. How can I face him when he remembers me? She felt another fleeting thought. Shutting the textbook she got up deciding to clean her room a little. But as soon as she began straightening the pillows on her couch she froze again. He's a monster. I don't want him to remember me. Another thought. She knew she could no longer blindly discard the information which Albus had given her, so she decided to sit down and think. Possibly attempting to process everything. She sat up awkwardly straight, on her couch, facing the windows. She felt like time was moving slower than it had ever done before. She suddenly flinched as she heard two harsh knocks on her door.

"Come in." She faintly spoke. She heard as someone roughly opened her door. She knew in an instant that it was Severus. She could feel the anger in his step as he approached her.

"You can not just run out of every unpleasant conversation that you encounter, Sofia." Severus was visibly annoyed as he marched in front of her. For a second Sofia stayed silent. She looked out into the courtyard before softly turning her head towards him. Severus watched as her glass eyes scanned his face.

"I didn't want to hear the rest."

"This is now the second time that I've had to rush out of his office to follow you." Sofia was taken back by Severus' somewhat unexplained anger. He seemed to be holding something back, but before she could decipher his annoyance he continued. "-You have to stop behaving like a-"

"Like a what?" Sofia nudged her head to the side, clenching her jaw at him.

"Nothing."

"Go on Severus. Like a what? A child? Is that what you wanted to say?" Severus was suddenly very aware that he had once more touched a nerve.

"Sofia..." Severus muttered, towering over her. "This is very important to Albus, and possibly the safety of Hogwarts. You need to learn to control your emotions-"

"Control my emotions!?" Sofia yelled. Severus' eyes widened a little as he watched her quickly get off the couch. "Control my fucking emotions?! Are you serious?" She barked back, waving a hand at him. "Do you have the slightest clue as to what I might be feeling right now!?" Sofia took another step closer to Severus, eyes now full of unexplainable rage. Dark enough to make even Severus afraid. He kept up his natural cold expression, however the closer she got to his face the more he wondered if the best thing for him to do for her right now was to simply leave. "Of course." She chuckled sarcastically. "Of course...I see what this is. You want me to be more like you, is that it?" She threw her hands up again. "Because what did you do with all the pain in your life? You bottled it up. So, so far down that it took you weeks, no, months, to speak about anything remotely significant with me. Do you know how damn difficult it is to get close to you Severus? Every time I say anything, anything, I need to think over it 1000 times, just to make sure that I'm not pushing your tiny emotional spectrum too far." Sofia was now gasping for air as she continued to yell but she couldn't stop herself. "Are you even capable of feeling something, anything, for longer than a minute!?" After those words left her mouth, Sofia suddenly realized what she had said. She looked at Severus who still had the same cold, emotionless expression on his face. She watched his eyes suddenly darken with something, but before she could catch another glance at him, he turned his face away. After exhaling a single deep breath, he swiftly walked by her towards the door. Sofia was frozen once more as she heard her door slam shut from behind her. She bit down on her finger as she stood in the middle of her now empty room. Her body suddenly washed over with dread. She kept going over and over her words, cringing at her own outburst. She couldn't believe she could say that to him. Clasping her hands together she began to pace her room. Pondering on if there was any way she could salvage the current situation. She continued to nervously walk around her room, pulling her rings on and off her fingers in an attempt to distract herself from what she had just done.