Expect the Unexpected

Sofia was cuddled up on Remus's couch, calmly watching his hand glide over some parchment. He was working on something over his desk, as she sipped her tea.

"What are you doing?" Remus chuckled at her question, before lifting his head.

"To be completely honest with you, I'm waiting for you to tell me what's wrong."

"Why do you always assume something's wrong?"

"Well..." He put his quill down and folded his hands together. "-you walked in here on a Monday morning. Sat down on my couch. Made yourself some tea, and haven't said a word. Usually Sof...I can't shut you up." Sofia avoided his gaze, guilty. She came to Remus with the intention of speaking but she just couldn't find the right words.

"I don't know where to start Remus..." She spoke with a sigh.

"Why don't you start from the beginning?"

"You're gonna be here a while Remus." She smiled.

"It's Christmas Break! I'm almost done grading, and as you know tomorrow I'm going home to see Tonks. So now is all you've got unless you want to be writing insanely long letters."  Sofia nodded knowing that he was right. She had to get it out one way or another, knowing that she was never great at bottling out her feelings.

"Alright, but you have to listen to everything and not interrupt okay?" She pointed a finger at him, sitting up in her comfortable position.

"I'll try my best." He warmly smiled before leaning back in his chair. Sofia began from the start. She told him about her mother some of which he already knew, how her mother was always hesitant to discuss Sofia's father but spoke somewhat highly of him. She told him about her father being alive and his admiration for Voldemort. She continued to tell him about the tiff with Severus and Albus. After she had finished Remus looked speechless.

"Do you want to visit him?" Was all he managed to say.

"I think I do...I haven't really thought of it." Sofia tightly held onto her teacup, as she felt a wave of anxiety wash over her. "I just don't want to feel like this."

Remus leaned on his desk, closely observing her, "Like what Sofia?"

"I feel angry. But also a little sad. I mean I've obviously been lied to for a great part of my life." She huffed.

"What about all the things that Severus said to you?"

"He's a bastard."

"That's a bit harsh, don't you think?" Remus tried to interject as Sofia scoffed at him, before she could say anything else he decided that the smartest thing to do, would be not to let her shove in another word. "I won't defend the way he spoke to you, Sof. But you have to agree that it must have been difficult for him to listen to you talk about your father in that way after he watched your father do...unspeakable things..."Remus trailed off.

"That doesn't excuse his behaviour. And I still have thousands of unanswered questions-

"Then maybe you should speak to him-"

"Not a chance." She shook her head.

As Remus' mouth hung open mid sentence he laughed a little before shaking his head at her, "Ah of course. The familiar Greene stubbornness." He continued to ponder.

"No. I simply don't care. I couldn't care less about what he has to say. " She shook her head again looking into the distance.

"Well if you don't care then I guess you don't have to talk to him." She paused at his words, resting her head in her palm. Looking into Remus' eyes she knew that even if she tried to lie to him, he would figure her out in a second. She watched as his mouth curved into a smirk. "Oh, so you do care! You have to speak to him Sof..." he tried to push a little, noticing that he was visibly trying to ignore his advice he leaned back again looking around his office. "You know...it's what mature adults often do, when they encounter an issue they talk about it instead of - well - whatever this is that you're doing." He joked. Sofia squinted at Remus with an annoyed look. She was mostly annoyed at herself for being so stubborn. She spent the whole week since their argument ignoring Severus, blindly assisting his classes, and avoiding him at all costs. She almost started to feel a little bad. Especially since he had been so nice to her the entire week. Although his attempted fake pleasantries annoyed her, deep inside she knew it was coming from a good place.