Spinner's End

After turning another corner, Sofia followed Severus who was quickly making his way through the small depressing town. He seemed in an obvious rush to get this over with. Sofia was worried that she might have pestered him a little too much for his liking. After a bit of time, Sofia noticed as Severus stopped at a doorstep. Taking out a key, he unlocked the door. Before entering, he looked at Sofia who seemed very over-excited. Moving to the side, he gestured for her to walk in first, which impressed Sofia as she didn't expect such a small yet chivalrous gesture from him. Smiling she walked inside the small house. The house eerily reminded her of her own, except darker. The living room had a small fireplace and a table as it seemed to be an adjoined study.  The walls were lined with endless bookshelves. The kitchen was small yet somehow to her it seemed extremely warm and welcoming. The house was built exactly like her own. Growing up, she had assumed that all the houses in the area were almost identical on the inside, except for, of course, each owner's personal flair. She noticed the small staircase leading to the second floor. Slowly walking in, she noticed that Severus was still standing in the doorway. 

"Are you going to show me around?" Sofia spoke, raising her eyebrows. With a small grunt, Severus entered his own house and muttered the rooms under his breath; 'kitchen', 'living', 'bedroom upstairs'. After realising that this was the extent of a house tour Sofia would get she hesitantly responded, "Lovely,". She could feel see that Severus was very tense, although she couldn't understand why. 

"Let me show you upstairs," Severus muttered before swiftly walking up the staircase. After showing her the guest bedroom, he walked her over to his own room. Opening the door, Sofia was greeted by a small room, which had a dark wooden wardrobe and a double bed, with a single tall lamp standing in the corner. It looked incredibly sad and lonesome to her, but there was no chance she would comment on that. 

"Huh." She softly spoke. 

"Yes?" Severus responded questionably. 

"Oh no, nothing. I'm just surprised," spoke Sofia. Severus gave her a confused look. "I was expecting a black coffin." Sofia finished off with a smile, hoping to lighten the mood. 

"Funny," Severus muttered under his breath again. At this point, Sofia was sure that something was visibly wrong. Turning around she faced him, as he continued to stare out into his own room. 

"We can leave. I'm sorry I asked you to come. I shouldn't have-"

"-It's not that," Severus cut her off. "This house is laced with some difficult memories, that's all," Severus spoke coldly. Sofia tugged at his shirt for him to look at her. As soon as their eyes met his expression softened. Sofia stood on her tiptoes to reach him as she placed a soft kiss on his lips. Severus arms quickly found her waist and pulled her in closer. They continued to softly kiss in his doorway for a second longer before Sofia pulled away, gently dragging a finger over his cheek. Severus leaned into her open palm for a second, before softly pulling it down. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving!" Sofia whined. Severus let out a deep chuckle and ushered her downstairs. 

"I will make us some food. After we eat, we need to go back immediately to bring Albus the watch." Severus walked into his kitchen and began gathering some food and utensils from the cupboards and the fridge. He pulled out some chicken, a few spices, some vegetables and a pan. Sofia watched intently as she stood in the archway of the kitchen. 

"I remember you saying something about celebrating together..." Sofia smirked. Severus paused in his movements. Without turning around he spoke. 

"Yes..." He seemed taken back at her bold announcement. "I was hoping we could spend some time together, without going through caves, castles, or the dread of teaching." He finished, turning on the heat of the stove.