1920

Sofia squinted as she felt the sun in her eyes. Looking at the clock she noticed that it was only seven in the morning. For a second she was about to fall back asleep before she quickly realized where she was. Looking over to the side she saw Severus in the other bed fast asleep. Sofia couldn't imagine a situation in which Severus finding her in his room in the morning wouldn't be awkward. Excruciatingly slowly she moved her feet towards the floor, praying for the floorboards not to creak. She listened closely to his breathing, making sure to not wake him. Tiptoeing, she finally made it to the door. She paused analyzing how the hell she would manage to open the door without making any noise. Biting the bullet, she carefully twisted the doorknob. Her movements were interrupted by the sound of Severus shifting in his bed. Sofia paled as she froze in her movements. Looking back she was relieved to find that he was still sound asleep. Finally making it to the hallway she exhaled the breath she was holding as she made it to her room. Falling on her bed she decided to sleep for a little longer before they would probably have to head back to Hogwarts. At around 10 am, she heard a knock on her door.

"Yes?" She called out, half asleep.

"We are leaving in half an hour. Don't be late." She heard Severus' dull voice from behind the door. Rolling her eyes she let her head fall back on the pillow. Feeling conflicted about the man behind that door she sat up for a second. She couldn't understand what it was he wanted. Obviously she knew that he wanted her in one way or another. But every day it seemed as if he was either constantly holding himself back or toying with her. She remembered his words when he told her he simply didn't know what to do. Now that she understood the vast impact of her father and the apparent threat she seemed to empathise with him a little. However, she still believed that if he wanted her, truly, she would have known it by now, instead of feeling like this. She was never one to play games. Especially ones that require going back and forth with a person. Therefore, she was becoming increasingly impatient with his antics. Gathering herself, she quickly showered and put on a fresh set of clothes. Letting her blonde hair down, and grabbing her black purse she walked out of the room. She saw Severus standing patiently by the bar, once more reading a newspaper. As he saw her come downstairs, he nodded at her acknowledging her presence. Waving a warm goodbye to Blair they made their way outside. This time instead of walking towards the road, Severus led her behind the building into a dark corner. Making sure that no one was around, he offered his arm to her as they prepared to apparate.

Back at Hogwarts, Sofia was mostly excited to see Remus. She wasn't sure what she would say to him. She didn't know how much she could say regarding her father. But what she knew for sure is that she could maybe openly talk about Severus with him. For a moment she felt quite childish discussing these things with him. But aren't we all children at heart? After she freshened up, she made her way to his office.

"Ah. Look who it is. What was it, Sarah? Samantha? Maybe Stella..." Remus pretended to look up to the ceiling as if thinking.

"Come off it Remus. I didn't neglect you for a century..."

"You're right, you're right." He laughed. " How is everything?" Sitting down on his couch Sofia poured herself a cup of tea.

"Same old. Same old." Remus raised his eyebrows at her response. "Okay, maybe not completely same old but nothing major." She laughed uncomfortably.

"Tell me." Remus smiled. Sofia sighed as she filed him in on everything that happened between Severus and her. She was careful to avoid any details regarding the search or the threat. Making sure to leave some white lies here and there. After catching him up with all the dirty details he spoke.

"Really? That old git? Sof..." He shook his head.

"I did not come here to be judged Remus." Sofia spoke sternly. She watched as he mouthed a sorry before continuing.