Hushed Tones

Albus wiped the sweat of his brow as he braced himself for another interrogation. He walked over to a familiar cell. Squinting his eyes he navigated through the dark hallways of Azkaban as he heard the thunder raging outside.

"I don't see why you required for me to accompany you once more Albus." Severus' voice could be heard from behind him.

"I have already told you. You seem to be the only one who shakes some common sense into the man."

"Simply because he muttered something about an object does not mean it makes sense Albus. He is insane." Severus muttered under his nose as he heard a loud painful shriek coming from above him.

"You said yourself that you were tired of searching for nothing. Let's see if we can figure out what that nothing is." Eventually, they had made their way to the cell. Severus looked around noticing dark slimy liquids pool at the bottom of the walls. He pulled his cloak to the side, hoping to salvage it from some of the dampness. Both of them finally saw the familiar face. The man had his arms attached to two chains, head unnaturally dangling down. As soon as the man felt their presence his head aggressively shot up.

"Severus!" he howled, as Severus clenched his jaw. To Severus, this man was just another Death Eater, however to Albus, he seemed of much more importance.

"Hello, William." Albus greeted him. He came closer to the bars waving for the wardens to bring him a chair. Placing himself on the chair he leaned closer to the cell. "How are you feeling?"

"Cold. Wet. Dark. Danger..." William howled once more whilst liking his chapped lips, eyes staring back at Albus. Severus rolled his eyes at the man. The man was deemed clinically insane by the Ministry of Magic during his trial, nonetheless, they proceeded to imprison him in Azkaban for all of the crimes that he had committed during the time he was part of Voldemort's infamous army.

"Tell me again William, what is this danger you keep talking about?"

"A dark, dark black over Hogwarts..." The man proceeded his eyes rolling back into his head. "-a watch. A watch. I need to watch." Neither Severus nor Albus knew what he was referring to.

"He is clearly deranged Albus-" Snape interjected before the man threw himself at them the chains roughly pulling him back with a sharp zing.

"Severus! Come closer my friend." Albus looked back at Severus waiting for him to move, however, he stood still.

"Go on." Albus gestured. Hesitantly Severus made his way over to the man. The man pulled himself closer to Severus behind the bars, staring into his eyes.

"An awful danger. Horrible fate. The professors, the students. All of them." William whispered, his face painfully close to Severus'.

"Would you like to elaborate William." Severus calmly spoke. William's demonic laugh abruptly filled the cell as both Albus and Severus cringed.

"My mind. My mind. My mind can't tell. The watch. The watch. Watch over yourselves. Watch over me." William's repetitiveness began to take a toll on Severus as he felt a wave of anger. Severus could hear the dull unsettling sound of William's teeth gritting against each other as he painfully moved his jaw.

"We are watching you, William. Tell us more."

"No! No!" He suddenly yelled. "I've said too much! The Dark Lord will know." Severus sighed in defeat. "The watch. A watch on my wrist and my mind will be at peace." Realization suddenly washed over Severus.

"A watch. I need to be searching for a watch."

"Severus you're not making sense." Albus sighed.