A Look into the Past

It took a moment for Severus to realize what Sofia was doing. Dropping everything he quickly followed her out the door.

"Sofia!" His harsh voice followed her. She ignored him marching up to the Gryffin statue. "Sofia." He hissed again trying to grasp at her arm, she jerked her arm back without looking at him. Whispering the password to the Gryffin she walked up the staircase.

"Albus, a word?" Albus looked shocked at Sofia's abrupt entry before gesturing for her to sit across from him. Severus was right behind her as he similarly barged into the room. Quickly pulling himself together he stood a few feet behind Sofia. "Leave." Sofia firmly spoke referring to Severus. Severus made eye contact with Dumbledore reluctantly shaking his head. "Albus, please ask him to leave."

"Let's take a deep breath everyone. What happened, my dear?" He warmly smiled at her.

"I found the emerald in his drawer." Albus knew very well what she was referring to.

"And you thought the worst I presume?" He mused.

"What do you mean? What other reason would he have to still keep it?" She was fuming, focusing on keeping her voice down as to not disrespect the headmaster.

"I assume there's another reason why you came here?" Albus chose to ignore her question.

"Yes, Albus," She paused. Severus was standing motionlessly behind her looking somewhat guilty.  "-he claims to know things which I clearly don't in regards to my father." She continued.

"Well, that doesn't sound too surprising considering he was also a Death Eater once." Albus began to attempt to divert the conversation. "I doubt you know everything that your father was involved in-"

"No." Sofia firmly cut him off. "There's something else Albus, I feel it."

"Sofie.." He was about to give her another excuse before he saw Severus shake his head angrily at him.

"Tell her Albus." He muttered. Sofia quickly glanced at Severus before turning back. Her eyes visibly pleading for an explanation. Albus took in a deep breath and took Sofia's hand in his.

"Sofie. Tell me, what do you know about your father?" Sofia paused for a second, her breathing slowing down, she looked around the room her brain slowly gathering all the scarce memories she had of her father.

"My mother told me very little but he did visit me..." She began. "He told me about the Wizarding World and you. The last time I saw him he said he had to remove me from his memory because he had been forced into joining Voldemort's army. He said it was due to his impeccable talents as a wizard, and of course, because he was of pure blood." She breathed. "He was always kind to me. But that was the last time I saw him. My mother told me he died shortly after the war." She finished as Albus kept his eyes on her.

"My darling. Not all of those things are correct." Albus began. She looked up at him panicked, her breathing quickening again. "Your father was an extremely talented wizard. Many used to compare him to me." He smiled at the recollection. "But...unlike what he told you, he was never forced into joining Voldemort." Sofia's face paled. "He strongly believed in Voldemorts agenda. Some were even convinced he was his ultimate heir if anything were to happen to him...rumours of course." Sofia pulled her hand away from Albus. Her hands began to shake as her whole body felt cold.

"You're lying." She whispered looking down at her hands.

"Unfortunately I'm not. I truly wish I was." Albus continued. "Severus can confirm it." Sofia slowly turned her head to Severus, who had both his arms firmly crossed over his chest.

"So?" She pleaded. Severus shook his head once more.

"I don't think you want to hear more Sofia-"