prologue

Prologue

The whole cultivation clans and Wangji were against each other standing on the grounds of burial mounds. The people of the cultivation clan were shocked and angry as Lan Wangji otherwise known as Hanguang Jun was standing against them and protecting the land of the cruel Yilling Patriarch. They were confused as well because Hanguang Jun had once stood beside them and against the yelling patriarch but now what had happened was that he was standing in their way when they wanted to completely wipe the name of him from this world.

Clan leader Jiang was furious but still kept quiet as he had a slight idea of why Hanguang Jun was behaving like that. Clan leader Su took it as a golden opportunity to insult Hanguang Jun and the entire Lan clan.

Clan Leader Su- Hunguang Jun, shy are you stopping us from entering the residence of an evil demon what happened that you are stopping us from wiping out the name of that monster? The Lan clan is always famous for its rules and regulations and its stand against evil you being part of that clan stopping us the wiping out evil. I think all those are just talks right.. you and your clan both just show off your superiority but in reality, you are just .....

He was stopped by Jin Guangyao.

Jin Guangyao- there there, clan leader su stop all this chaos. I believe our friend Hanguang Jun must have a solid reason for what he is doing. Right hanguang jun (turning to Wangji, while Wangji was just standing on the door holding his Bichen with his usually calm face but burning red eyes ready to attack anyone who dares to set foot in Wei Ying's home while turning back to clan leader Su Jin Guang Yao said) let's stop this and return our soldiers have already surrounded the area so even if Yilling Patriarch is alive and comes back then he will be spotted.

Everyone agreed and started going back except for clan leader Jiang who gave a clod stare to Wangji and then turned back.

Jin Guangyao turned and again looked at Wangji – yes Hanguang Jun, your uncle is here he wants to take you back to cloud recesses. (he smiled and turned back to start moving out of burial mounds. Leaving wangji stood there)

After everyone left wangji took a breath and entered Wei Ying's home to search for Wei Ying but there he found A-Yuan lying on the ground unconscious and burning with fever. He hurriedly picked him up and flew back to Gusu on his sword leaving a message for his brother to come there only.

At Cloud Recesses, Gusu

Wangji made Yuan lie down on his bed and started to clean him up he made him wear new and fresh clothes. Till Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen also come there along with the Lan disciples. Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen entered the silent pavilion where Wangji and Yuan were. At first, Lan Qiren was very angry but when he saw the condition of the boy along with the condition of wangji he chose to stay silent for the moment and went away. Lan Xichen checked the boy and then gave him the required medications. Then he turned to Gwangju.

Zewu-jun- Wangji?

Wangji- I have decided to keep this boy as my son he would be our son Huan-ge, mine and Wie Ying's. he would become the best disciple of the Lan clan and still have the innocence of Wei Ying.

Huan-ge please don't say no.

Zewu-jun's face changed from calm to worried to smiling after hearing Wangji. And just nodded.

Zewu-jun- wangji remembered to tell him everything about master wei and not let him be influenced by those who say badly about master wei. But also I have to warn you about the consequences so try to calm him and also, teach him that not everywhere you and him can stand up for master wei. I will help you with his education and his adoption.

Wangji just nodded at his brother in acceptance.

After that Wangji went to meet his uncle who got very furious at him for standing up against everyone in burial mounds but he accepted Yuan as his nephew's son but not as Yilling Patriarch's son. Then wangji was sentenced to 300 beatings from discipline whips. he was badly injured but still, he used his energy and flew back to burial mounds to look for Wei Ying once again but he was nowhere to be found, When Wangji returned dishearted he saw the branding iron of Qishan Wen clan and he remembered how Wei Ying was branded by it while saving Miami so he heated the iron and branded himself as well. He then returned to Gusu and with very difficulty, he went to the silent pavilion where Zewu-jun was taking care of A-yuan. When he saw Wangji he helped him and took care of him as well...it took 2weeks for Yuan to get back on his feet and get better after he woke up he forgot everything about his past but Zewu-jun told him everything he knew along with the decision of Wangji. From that onwards Yuan started to take care of his fuqin along with Zewu-jun. and as promised zewu-jun took care of Yuan's education alongside of his cultivation until wangji woke up.

It took 2years for wangji to wake up and an additional year for him to get back on his legs. Till he was bedridden he told everything to yuan about his fufu and also warned him about everything that was there against the Yilling Patriarch, and when Wangji was fine they started to look for Wei Ying everywhere but in the disguise of either night hunts or cultivations.