Kabanata 1

Yieee, enjoy! Welcome to the last book of Lost Island Series!

xxx

Kabanata 1

I was tired and found myself sleeping inside that storage room and woke up hours later.

What am I doing? Where am I going?!

I am supposed to go with my Nana Corazon's friend! Bakit ako nasa barkong ito?

Sumilip ako sa maliit na bintana sa may tabi ko at nakita ang payapang dagat. The sky is peaceful and I saw the harsh, crashing waves.

The ship looks so massive, as if a popular cruise, and I wonder how will I escape from here when I even don't know its route.

I should go to the Philippines and not here!

I found myself crying, scared and alone. I don't know what to do.

I looked around the place and saw canned goods and stocks for the kitchen.

My stomach growled, I touched my tummy and sighed hard.

"Hungry ka na rin? Anong kakainin natin?" I talked to my stomach.

Kaya ko naman siguro magtiis pa sa ngayon?

I glanced around and hugged myself. Sighing, I removed the tears on my cheek.

Think faster, G. Think faster! You are trained for this, right? You are wise! Why can't you think of anything now?

The room is getting a bit more darker because it's near evening. Medyo makulimlim na ang langit dahil sa ambang paglubog ng araw.

All I want all my life and to escape and be free...why am I lost right now?

I immediately stood when I heard noises, I heard footsteps entering and I panicked.

I stood from my seat, quickly ran towards the boxes and hid myself.
My heart keeps on hammering inside my chest and when I heard the opening of the door, I stopped.

"How is the food preparation?" I heard a voice.

Sumilip ako sa siwang ng karton at nakita ang dalawang lalaki doon sa loob.

My forehead creased, I keep on peeking and saw a tall man in a white shirt. Nakatalikod ito mula sa akin at sa harapan n'ya ay isang man na nakauniporme.

"The preparation is doing great, Captain. The party will be fun for sure."The man answered.

"What about the guestlists? Is it okay?" He asked.

I moved a bit and my eyes widen when I stepped on something, In my shock, the boxes where I am hiding moved.

Shit!

I am nervous, my heart almost bursted out of my chest when the two men became quiet.

I took a deep breath, tried peeking again and saw the confused face of that one man.

The tall man stopped too, when he moved his head towards my direction, I hid again and bit my lip.

Please, no...

"Great, I'll see you around later." The tall man said.

"Yes, cap." The one in the uniform left first, I saw the tall man in white shirt glance around the place first but I couldn't see his face and when he left, I let out a relieved sigh.

May party? Maybe I can go there and eat?

But how will I eat if I am wearing this maid's uniform? They won't let me in for sure!