Kabanata 25

Last five! Unedited. Long update ahead! It's a cold night, stay safe everyone! Love lots! Enjoy kayo!

xxx

Kabanata 25

"Calm down, Cathalina..." Nana muttered yet she isn't calm too.

"M-My mom..." I whispered with my shaking voice and looked at her. "I-It's my mother, right?"

"Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali, anak." She held my hand more. "That's Penelope."

My tears were in the verge of falling, my breathing is labored and I can't think straight.

"W-We have to get her, Nana..." I said with my voice almost shaking and I saw how she nodded and squeezed my hand.

"We will, anak." She said, cupping my cheek and slowly dried the tears on my cheek.

"W-We should have followed her," I whispered and looked at her. "We shouldn't have let her go, Na. S-She ran when she saw me...ayaw n'ya ba me m-makita?"

"No, Cathalina. No." She shook her head and moved his fingers on my cheek. "If there's anyone who loved you so much, that is your mother, Penelope."

"T-Then why did she ran away... Why did she chose not to show her face to me?" I said and cried more.

"Sshh, anak..." She whispered, crying too. "I believe she has reason."

"Y-You think so, Na?" I asked and she nodded and smiled at me.

"Of course, anak. Your mother loves you so much, the last thing she'll do is to turn her back at you." She said and looked at me in the eyes.

"I-I hope so, Na..."

"Do you trust me, anak?" She asked and slowly, I nodded.

"O-Opo, Nana..." I said and gulped hard, my chest is pounding.

"Then, let me and Enrico take care of it. Enrico followed your mother, right?" I slowly nodded and listened. "Then he can get her, safely. Ngayong hindi pa natin alam ang dahilan ni Penelope, nasa panganib ang buhay n'ya."

"You think, Na, it's possible that it has a connection with the ambush?"

"We still don't know, anak." She shook her head. "You should talk to your father, privately, okay? Do not let someone hear you and him talking, we can't risk. Hahanapin namin si Penelope."

"Na," I held her hand. "Can you promise me she'll be safe? It's a miracle she's still alive but...I don't know what will happen. I can't risk her anymore." I whispered.

"We'll do our best, anak. Enrico will ensure your mother's safety."

After Nana fixed me and herself, we went out of the bathroom. I was almost hysterical earlier when I saw my mother. She was shocked upon seeing us, I even saw her tears falling but before I could get to her, she ran away.

Enrico followed her quietly and up until now, I still don't know what happened.

"This way, your highness." The guard motioned as we made our way towards the VVIP room where my father is.

Outside, we can see guards with their heavy guns, when they saw me, they curtsied and I nodded.

"Your highness," Flavio curtsied when he saw me.

"What happened?" I asked him and walked near the room. Nana is silent beside me, touching my arm a bit.

Flavio followed me and spoke.

"His highness is on the way for a meeting to the royal council for Giovanni's case." He said and I glance at him.

"He's already working on that?"