Kabanata 20

10 more to go!!! This is unedited. Ang bilis, parang kailan lang. I'm so happy to share Luci and G's story to all of you. Thank you so much! I am so happy. Your comments last chapter is superb!!! Shookt ako sa dami ng comments yet it made me super happy and inspired to read your thoughts and reactions.  Hoping to read more from you! Here's the 20th chapter. Enjoy!

xxx

Kabanata 20

They said, everything happens with a reason and it's for the best. Maybe, fate let me and Luci meet again because we ended just like that.

Siguro, fate did make a way to make me realize na Lucian will never be mine, I could never find love again because I wasted it, maybe it made me realize na there are people you might get your paths crossed with but you were never really meant for each other.

"Hija, come on, eat your breakfast." I watched Nana putting my foods near my bed because I refused eating again.

"I'm full, Nana. Thank you." I said softly.

"Cathalina, you skipped your dinner last night and now..."

"I'm full po talaga, Nana. Pinky swear." I smiled at her.

She stared at me and when I saw how her eyes soften, my heart ache again. I chuckled nervously when she sighed.

"Is it about the captain?" She asked. "Enrico told me."

I pretended I am okay but found my lips quivering, stopping my tears from falling down my cheek.

"Anak? It's okay to cry." Just a few words and I find myself crying again like I wasn't tired crying all day.

"N-Nana, it hurts..." I whispered and cried.

She gasped, I felt comfort and cried more the moment she opened her arms for a hug. I crawled towards her, hugging her tightly because I couldn't take the pain.

"N-Nana, I-I love him so much but he doesn't want me anymore." I whispered miserably, crying on her shoulders. "I-I know naman it's my fault, I left him, akala ko, I am ready to face him again after those years I am gone yet...super masakit pa rin."

"You left him for her safety, anak. You didn't wanted it from the very first place."

"H-He didn't know that." I muttered.

"Then, tell him, Cathalina." She said, whispering on my ear. "He deserves to know."

"F-For what, N-Nana? I-I don't want to bother him anymore, he got a life now. It's better if we stayed like this...may okay na mad s'ya sa'kin."

"Cathalina..." She whispered.

"N-Na, do you think I deserve this?" I whispered and glanced at her with my bloodshot eyes. "Y-You think this is my punishment because I was a bad girl?"

"You are not a bad girl, Cathalina!" She exclaimed, her eyes were in the verge of tears too while staring at me.

"M-Maybe because I get Mom killed—"

"Cathalina Guinevere!" She exclaimed, stopping me. "You never killed your mother, anak!"

My chest felt heavier, tears fell on my eyes again, pouring like waterfalls.

"I-I did, if only she didn't tried taking me away from the harsh life back in the palace, if only she didn't—"

"Your mother loves you so much, Cathalina!" She then said and I bit my lip. "Look at me, anak." She cupped my cheek and made me look at her.