•introduction•

I walk through the door of my shared flat. The white walls beaming at me, a nice change from the small grey office I work in every day.
"Lia is that you?" I hear my roommate, Stassie call from the kitchen. A wonderful smell filled the house that instantly I knew, she was cooking. The perks of living with a chef.
"Yes" I say, walking into the kitchen.
"What ya cookin?" I ask, sticking my finger into the pan to get some sauce.
"Hey!" She groans, slapping away my hand. "Alfredo."
I let out an approving hum, licking the sauce off my finger.
"Excellent as always" I say, sitting down at the table.
"You got mail" she says, handing me the envelopes.
I flip through, instantly groaning when I see my student loans.
"Business school was suppose to make me rich not poor." I sigh, opening the envelope and daring to look at my payments.
"Why don't you just take that job from Haz already? You'd make twice as much as you're making now!" She says, plating our dinner.
"Because that's such a cheap thing to do! I want to work my way up just like everyone else." I say.
"Come on! Had I been offered a job at a big fancy restaurant by a friend I'd take it immediately! Just think about it.."
she sets the plate in front of me, the smell blessing my nose and the taste about to bless my mouth.
"I'm not taking the job from Haz." I state.
Haz works for Holland Enterprises. He makes a shit ton, and said he could easily get me a job. He's been bugging me about it for months now, but I just don't want to be that person that gets things handed to her because she has connections. It's not fair to others.
We eat our dinner, which is amazing, and I get ready for bed. Getting off work at 6:30 every evening is getting exhausting. I don't have time for anything or anyone anymore. I wake up, go to work, come home, eat, and sleep. That's my daily routine with a day off here and there.
As I lay in my bed, I scroll through my phone. Desperate to get some form of connection before I go to sleep.
I get a text notification, Harrisons name illuminating my screen.
Harrison: hey bitch, you awake?
I roll my eyes at the text, typing back.
Amelia: yes bitch.
He quickly starts his reply, the text bubbles popping up.
Harrison: good because I have a question.
Amelia: and that is?
His reply takes a minuet, and I scroll on Instagram while I wait.
Harrison: so I am sick of your boss being a royal dick and over working you so I made a little call and got you an hour lunch tomorrow. Go get lunch with me?
I audibly groan, typing quickly.
Amelia: you can't do that Harrison! My boss will be pissed!
Harrison: not me who made the call, kind of bribed Tom to do it for me. He's a big deal. Your boss is probably just swooning that he got to talk to him.
Tom Holland. CEO of Holland enterprises and Haz's best friend. I've never met him, but I sure do hear a lot about him from Haz. They have a cute little bromance going on.
Amelia: yeah? What'd you bribe him with? A good time??;)
I giggle at my text, anxiously awaiting his response.
Harrison: oh shut the fuck up man, I bribed him with doing his paper work tonight.
Amelia: see you tomorrow :)
I lock my phone, closing my eyes to fall into a deep sleep.
__
Work is a dread as always. My small grey office feeling more depressing than ever. The only thing getting me through the day is knowing I'll get to go out with one of my best friends.
The files stacked on my desk were giving me a headache. They're unorganized and messy, no one doing their job so when I get the files, I have to deal with the mess.
There's a knock on my door and I call out a 'come in' the door opens quickly and Garrett walks in, flipping through some papers before looking up at me.
"You're looking rough" he laughs.
"Oh thanks" I say sarcastically, closing the file I was reading through to give him my full attention.
"Mr. Teagan wants these done today." He says, handing me the papers.
"Yeah on top of all this" I say, gesturing to the files that piled along my desk.
"Harsh" He admits, seeing all the work I have. "Do something to make him mad?"
"No, but I'm getting an hour lunch, outside of the office today so I'm guessing that has something to do with it" I sigh
"Wow how'd you swing that?" He asks.
"Friends in very high positions" I shrug.
My phone rings and I press the intercom.
"Yes?" I say.
"Ms. Daniels, I have a Mr. Osterfield here to see you." She says.
"Let him know I'll be right out, thank you." I say, taking my finger off the intercom button.
"A date?" Garrett asks, almost looking disappointed. He's always had a small crush on me. Nothings happened though because it's hard to get to know each other outside of work. It's for the best though, I'd never date someone I work with, it's inappropriate.
"Definitely not" I laugh. "He's my friend."
"Now how do you manage to find time for friends?" He asks, as we walk out of my office and I shut the door, walking towards the front lobby together.
"Believe me, I don't" I laugh.
"Doing a better job than me" he shrugs.
I see Haz standing in the lobby, his crisp deep blue suit tailored perfectly. He's always so extra, wearing fancy suits to work.
His eyes look up and he smiles, not having seen me in a while.
"See you later" I say to Garrett.
"Have a nice lunch" he smiles.
I walk over to Haz, who watches Garrett walk off.
"Hello?" I say to my best friend, trying to get his attention.
"I don't like him" he says, his blue eyes refocusing onto mine.
"How so?" I ask, walking out the front door with him.
"He's into you." He states as we get into his ridiculously overpriced business car.
"And? That's reason for you to not like him?" I laugh.
"Yes! Boys are absolute pigs Lia!" He exclaims and I laugh.
"Yeah, you are quite the pig" I comment.
"Nah don't do that I'm the exception." He says.
"You're a div" I correct him.
We pull up to a nice restaurant, and get out of his car, walking inside the lovely building.
"Mr. Osterfield, good to see you." The man greets. "Right this way."
He leads us through the restaurant to a table in the back, seating us.
"What will we be drinking?" He asks.
"Champagne?" Haz questions.
"I'm working after this Haz." I remind him. "Ice tea for me please"
"I'll go get that started" the man nods graciously, walking away.
"See, you wouldn't have this problem if you worked with me" Haz says.
"You're allowed drink alcohol at work?" I question.
"No but I still do" he laughs.
"You're terrible" I shake my head.
"Come on, you'd work with me all day, you'd have a beautiful office, make way more money, and Tom is easily sweet talked into giving days off." He says.
"Really? Cause I've heard he's an ass." I state.
"He can be, but can't be worse than the boss you have right now" he reminds me.
"That's charity, I'm not going to take a job that belongs to someone more deserving." I say.
"Come on man, I can't handle working with another dick head." He pleads. "Just come in and check the place out. Please."
"If I say yes will you stop pestering me?" I ask.
"Absolutely" he nods.
"Fine. I'll come check the place out, but I don't know when my next day off is." I say.
He holds a finger up to me, pulling out his phone and dialing a number.
"Hey, got any paperwork you need done?" Haz laughs. "Cause I need you to call that guy again and get Lia off early tomorrow."
They talk for a second and the waiter brings us our drinks.
"Perfect thanks" Haz hangs up the phone. "You're off at noon tomorrow."
"That was easy" I say.
We eat our lunch, and talk for the hour. It's so nice to be out with a friend and get a small break from the hell I work at. We finished and said our goodbyes as he dropped me off at work once again, dreading the grey room on such a warm sunny day.
"See you tomorrow" I wave as he drives away.
I go inside and check back in, walking back into the office area.
"Nice lunch?" Garrett questions as I pass his cubicle.
"Very" I nod. "Was nice to get out of here."
"I bet" he says.
"Daniels" my boss grabs my attention as he walks up to me, disrespectfully calling me by my last name with no prefix.
"Yes sir?" I ask.
"Why do I keep getting requests from Tom Holland for your dismissal?" He asks, in front of the whole room.
"He- uhm. He's a friend- kind of" I stumble over my words.
If everyone's eyes weren't on me before, they are now. I just stated that i am -kind of- friends with the richest and most famous man in all of London- and in the whole of the UK.
"Well your friend does have quite the power, being able to get you out of your work duties, but that doesn't excuse you to slack off. Understood?" He says, the wrinkle in his forehead more prominent from his overly exaggerated raised brows.
"Yes sir" I nod, waiting for him to walk away.
"Holy fuck." Garrett says. "You're friends with Tom Holland?"
"Well. Not really.. the guy I was with earlier is." I say. "I better get back to work.."