•12•

Last night was.. crazy. I fell asleep with Tom in his bed and when we woke up this morning, I had to have Stassie bring me work clothes and my car. There's no way I could be seen driving to work with Tom. Well.. she demanded that I give her every detail when I get home from work today, to which I kept shrugging her off and telling her I had to get ready.
Ive been busting my ass this morning getting the plans for the resort done, and I'm rudely interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Come in" I call.
"Hey" Haz says walking in. "How'd it go with Tom last night?"
My eyes widen, looking up at him.
"What do you mean?" I ask quickly.
"Stassie said you felt sick and caught a ride home with Tom. I could have given you a ride you know" he says and relief washes over me.
"I know, but I knew you wanted to hang out with Stass" I wink.
"I don't think she's into me" he says.
"She's not into anyone Haz, it takes work" I laugh.
"Well Jesus Christ Lia I've been trying for like, two years now what more could I do?" He groans.
"Ask her on a date? Actually show her you're interested in her and not just fucking her." I say.
"Yeah whatever" he mumbles. "Do you have those plans done yet?"
"Almost, I should be done before the day ends." I inform him, flipping through the pages to see how much is left to look over.
"Perfect. Just make sure to take them to Tom when you're done" he smiles.
"Will do, now leave so I can work. You're too distracting." I say.
"Yeah I get that a lot" he laughs cockily and I roll my eyes.
"Goodbye Harrison." I say, and he frowns, leaving my office.
I continue to read through the plans, finalizing the the payments in the computer and sending out the last few emails. We're fully ready to start construction!
I print out all the confirmation emails, putting them into the folder and standing from my desk, leaving the room for the first time today. I worked through my lunch and everything to get this done. I'm proud of it.
I make my way to Toms office, knocking on the door.
"Come in" I hear.
"I finished the plans!" I say excitedly, walking over to his desk and setting down the folder in front of him.
"Already?" He asks.
"Yes. Every last detail perfectly planned. And I also managed to fit it all under four million" I say and his eyes widen.
"How?! We estimated nine million!" He says in disbelief.
"I'm just that good" I state.
He looks through the papers, seeing the plans. He scans all the papers quickly before averting his attention back to me.
"You are fucking amazing Lia." He says.
"I know" I chime.
"I'm going to get these all in the computer. Good work" he says.
"It's five, you're not going home?" I ask.
"Someones gotta get these taken care of, m' use to staying late" he shrugs.
"I can help you?" I offer, earning a genuine smile.
"You need your rest after last night. Go home" he says softly.
"Okay.. night Tom." I say.
"Goodnight Doll face."
His comment bring a blush to my cheeks, and I turn to step out of the office.

•Harrisons pov•
I walk to Toms office, Lia stepping outside as I get to the door. She has a suspicious blushy smile. Now I know Tom is a flirt, but Lia? He doesn't need to be flirting with her. His games aren't allowed when it comes to my best friend.
"Hey, headed out?" I ask.
"Yeah" she nods.
"See you tomorrow" I say, stepping into Toms office. He's got a beer in hand, looking through the papers.
"Told you shes amazing" I say, grabbing a beer.
"I don't think I've ever had someone so dedicated before" he shakes his head. "It's only been two weeks and I already don't know what I'd do without her."
"So.." I start, taking a drink of the beer in my hand. "I think we have a problem."
"Yeah? What is it?" He asks.
"I think she's getting a little crush on you" I explain and he laughs a little, amusement laced in his face.
"And I think you're getting a little crush on her as well." I state.
"Mate she's my employee" he says.
"She's also very pretty and sweet, I'm just saying please don't mess with her. she's basically my little sister and I don't want you to hurt her." I say.
"Nice to know what you think of me mate" he says in a slightly joking voice, but some actual hurt behind his laugh. "But you don't need to worry. There's nothing going on other than some workplace banter. That's all."
"Okay.. good." I nod. "She doesn't need relationship drama right now.. she's gone through enough traumatizing shit"
"What do you mean?" He asks.
"She was with a really awful guy, she use to have like.. no self esteem at all. It was really sad.."
There's a knock on the door and it opens.
"Has anyone seen Amelia?" Hayden asks, popping his head in the door.
I'm getting real fed up with this dude at this point. Why is he flat out asking me where she is?
"Why?" I ask.
"I just wanted to talk to her." He says.
"Work related?" I question.
"Well, no but.."
"Then you don't need to see her." I state.
"Dude, we hooked up the other night, were closer than you think" he says and Tom and I can't help but burst out laughing. Oh my god does he really think he's that special? Can he not tell she's been avoiding him ever since?
"I wouldn't call five minuets hooking up" Tom comments.
"Really? That's what she told you?" He asks. "What a liar!"
"Lia doesn't lie man." I shake my head.
"Well maybe you don't know her as well as you think you do. She's fucking crazy! Asking me to choke her and shit! She's a whore in bed!" He says.
"Alright you little shit, get the fuck out." I say.
"What? I'm just telling the truth-"
"Hayden you're fired." Tom says plainly and my eyes widen. What the fuck is he doing?
"What?" Hayden asks in a quieter tone.
"I will not allow you to disrespect a woman in this workplace. You had no right to talk about your sexual encounter with her to begin with, but the blatant disrespect towards her is disgusting. You're fired."
"Sir I-"
"Did I say you could argue? Leave." He says and Hayden steps out of the office.
"Mate what was that?" I ask.
"There are people desperate for a job here, I can replace him easily for someone who won't disrespect Amelia." He says.
Not that I don't agree with what he just did, I agree with it one hundred percent, but Hayden was a great worker, and Tom firing him is not something I ever expected.
"I need to get these done. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Yeah, see you." I say and I head home. I think about what Lia said earlier, about asking Stassie on a date. I pick up my phone, ready to text her before quickly setting it back down again.. why is this so hard?! We'll try again tomorrow..