•14•

This past week has been great. I've been in a cycle of go to work, kick ass at my job, hang out with Haz, sneak away a bit with Tom, and go home to my roommate cooking bomb ass food. Today though, oh man today is absolute shit. I started my period, Stassie got called into work, Haz is busy with Tom's little brothers, and I'm stuck at home, in extreme pain, watching Netflix with spotty WiFi.
I shove another Pringle chip into my mouth as the movie attempts to load.
"Come on! Fucking work already!" I yell at my TV, throwing a chip at it.
There's a knock on the front door and I groan. I throw the blanket off of me, getting up and walking over to the door. When I open it my eyes widen to see Tom standing there.
Instantly his lips connect with mine roughly, walking forward, making us move into the apartment and he kicks the door shut with his foot.
"Take your pants off" he breaths out as he finally breaks the kiss.
"Not today Tom" I laugh, stepping back from him. A frown settles on his face, head cocked to the side like a puppy.
"Why not?" He asks.
"It's my lovely time of the month" I say sarcastically. "I'm surprised you even kissed me looking like this."
"Looking like what? You look fine" he shakes his head, giving me a once over in my baggy shirt and shorts.
"Well sorry for the disappointment" I shrug. "See you-"
"You don't want to hang out?" He asks and I raise a brow at him.
"Hang out?" I question.
"we're still friends" he laughs.
"Okay" I laugh. "But my WiFi is shit so Netflix isn't working"
"Go grab a jacket, I have a theater in my house." He says.
"Jesus Christ sometimes I forget you're literally a millionaire" I shake my head.
I grab my hoodie and my phone. I slip on my shoes and head out the door with Tom looking like a literal hobo.
We get in his fancy sports car that I could not for the life of me name because I am too poor to know. He plays music on the drive to his house and I scroll through Instagram.
We get to his house and go inside, the large house somehow feeling cozy at the same time. He leads me down the hallway to a staircase. We walk down the steps and he turns on the light to the pitch black room. It's so cool! There's six rows of seats and a huge screen filling the whole wall. The seats are big and cozy looking, you can tell he uses it a lot.
"This is amazing" I smile, walking all the way in.
"Favorite room in the house" he says. "And check it out"
He walks over to the corner of the room, opening a cupboard to reveal all kinds of snacks.
"It's my snack stash" he says and I laugh.
"Does your snack stash have sour patch kids?" I ask.
"Of course it does" he scoffs, throwing the bag to me.
"Sick" I say, plopping down onto one of the seats.
He puts on a movie and we sit and eat our snacks while watching it. I rest my body against his side, feeling warm and content. His hand reaches out, as he's done several times for a sour patch kid, to which I respond by holding up the empty bag.
"Hmm I guess I'll have to taste them another way" he says, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. It takes me by surprise, knowing he's kissing me just to kiss me, not to fuck me. I relax and kiss him back, letting my hands reach up and run through his hair. He smiles into the kiss, biting my bottom lip between his teeth. His hands grab my face, impossibly pulling me closer to him and deepening the kiss. I pull away breathless, raising my brow at him.
"Don't get me going" I warn.
"Can't help it, you taste good" he smirks, cocking his head to the side like he always does. It makes him look cute and innocent, I love it.
We turn our attention back to the movie and I rest my head on his shoulder, my phone vibrating.
Stassie: where are you?
Amelia: at Toms watching a movie.
Stassie: Aww you guys aren't just fucking🥺
I take a picture, holding my phone from my lap tilted up. I make a silly face and Tom has no clue I'm taking the picture. I send it to her on Snapchat and she sends back a photo of her mouth wide open saying 'oh my god you guys are so cute'
"Hmm talking about me?" Tom questions, grabbing my phone from my hand.
"Thomas!" I groan, reaching for my phone but he holds it to his other side where I can't reach.
"We're in love. We're getting married. You're the chef get to work" he says into the Snapchat video, sending it to her.
"You're silly" I say, pulling the phone from his hands.
"You have weird friends" he says.
"My best friend is also your best friend so what does that say about you" I say sassily.
"Yeah you've got me there" he admits, his phone vibrating.

•Toms pov•
My phone vibrates and I pull it out, checking it.
Crazy bitch: hey.. been a while.
"Jesus Christ" I mutter, deleting the text.
"Everything okay?" Lia asks.
"It's fine, just a crazy ex girlfriend" I sigh.
"I get it, I have my fair share of crazy Ex's" she says.
Is this about the guy Haz was telling me about the other day?..
"Yeah? How so?" I push for more information.
"Oh man, Derek Kingston." She shakes her head. "He was the worst."
"Yeah Haz told me you had some awful ex" I attempt to say casually.
"Of course he did" she rolls her eyes. "Haz is quite the chatter box. You should have seen him when Derek cheated on me, that's the only time I've ever seen him get in a fight. I didn't expect him to win but.. well Haz beat the shit out of him"
She laughs, realizing she's told me quite a lot. Poor thing. How could someone cheat on her? She's so sweet and innocent. Now I understand why Haz said her relationship fucked up her self esteem.
"I'm sorry he did that to you" I say.
"I'm not, after that happened I grew so much, learned how to be independent and not look for validation." She explains.
She's so fucking amazing.
"I uh- I should have Stassie come pick me up. It's getting late." She says.
"You can stay the ni-" she cuts me off by putting the phone to her ear.
"Hey Stass, come pick me up at Toms? I'll text you the address."
She hangs up.
"I could have taken you home" I say.
"It's late and you've been drinking" she says.
"Not much" I say and she frowns at me.
"Thomas. Better safe than sorry." She scolds.
"Now you're calling me that? God what has she started!" I say over dramatically.
"I think it's cute" she says, grabbing her stuff.
We head out to the living room to wait for Stassie.
"Oh my god!" Lia squeals and I turn towards her, seeing Tessa run into the room. "Hi baby!" She pets Tessa's head.
"That's Tess. She's a big love bug" I say.
"Hi Tess, you're so sweet. Yes you are! What a pretty girl!" She coos, scratching behind her ears. I smile at the interaction, seeing how much Tess enjoys Lia's company.
We hear a honk from outside and she stands up.
"Aww I don't want to leave you" Lia frowns to my pup.
"Believe me, she doesn't want you to go" I laugh.
"I'll be back real soon, promise." She nods to Tess.
I walk her out to the front door, opening it for her.
"Goodnight Doll face" I say and she smiles.
"Night Thomas" she sticks her tongue out at me, quickly skipping down the steps and gets into the car, driving off.