•3•

A few days have passed, and today is my first day working for Holland Enterprises as a management analyst. My dream job.
I walk into the building with confidence, already being in good graces with my new boss, and having my best friend to help me through the day is all I need to feel secure.
"Good morning Amelia" Greta greets me.
"Morning Greta" I smile, walking back.
I make my way to my new office that is right next to Harrisons. I pull out the key, unlocking the door and going inside. The sun coming up shines through the glass, illuminating the room. My desk all set up with everything I need, perfectly organized. A very expensive laptop sitting on the desk awaits me. I open it up, it already has a password? Why?
"Good morning Amelia" I hear and jump, turning around quickly, to be met with those now familiar grey eyes.
"I always manage to scare you somehow" he laughs lightly.
"I scare easily." I shrug.
"Settling in okay?" He asks.
"Yeah I just- well, my laptop is messing with me" I say.
"Here maybe I can help" he says, walking in towards me.
"It has a password so I can't get in" I say.
"Mr. Holland puts passwords on all the laptops so no one can snoop. You can change it once you're on." He informs me. "It should be THenterprices"
He types into the laptop, the home screen popping up, showing I'm logged in.
"Thank you" I smile.
He straightens back up from hunching over the laptop, now standing in very close proximity to me.
"No problem" he smiles back.
"Don't you have files to sort?" Haz says, walking into my office.
"Yes sir, just helping with her laptop. I'll get on that now." Hayden nods quickly, giving me a small smile before walking out.
"Harrison" I groan, irritated by that cocky smirk on his face.
"See what a little bitch he is? He takes orders like a puppy." He says.
"I too, take orders like a puppy." I say with a laugh and his face scrunches up in disgust.
"Ew what the fuck. Never say that again." He shakes his head.
"Don't cock block me then!" I say.
I move around my desk, sitting in my oversized rolly chair, spinning in it.
"I love it here" I smile.
"Good, cause I have something for you to work on" he says.
"Hit me with it" I say, rolling up to my desk.
He sets down a stack of papers, spreading them out.
"We're building a new golf course and need all the finances sorted. Figured that was easy enough for a first task?" He questions.
"Please I could do this in my sleep" I say, sifting through the papers.
"Perfect. I'll be right next door if you need me. Take it over to Tom when you're done." He says, walking out.
I get to work, typing all the numbers into the computer. Less than two hours and it's done, not to mention I found all most inexpensive ways to go about the construction of this site. This was way too easy. I print out all the information, stapling it together and rising from my seat. Walking down the hallway, I knock on Toms office door to which I hear a neutral "come in"
I step inside and see he's on the phone. He waves me in with a smile, gesturing for me to take a seat. I sit down on the comfy chair, as he mutters a few okay's and thank you's into the phone.
"Alright, goodbye" he says, hanging the phone up. "What can I help you with?"
"Haz said to give this to you once I finished" I say, handing him the packet I printed out.
"You already finished?" He asks, surprise laced through his face.
"Yes, there's also a list of resources we can use for cheaper but still high quality construction. It seems you've been being overcharged for basic services, so I contacted a few companies and got some quotes for you" I say.
His eyes scan the papers, then lift to look into mine.
"You are brilliant" he says. "I had no idea about any of this.."
"Well it's hard to know if you're not seeking it out" I shrug.
"I just got you and I already don't know what I did without you" he says, setting the papers down on his desk.
Fuck it feels good to be appreciated for once.
"Is there anything else I can help with?" I ask.
"Well.. I haven't even told Haz about this project. It's new." He starts. "I'm opening my first resort in America. it's going to be on the California coast and I have the basic plans laid out. Could you do a basic starter cost analyzation for me?"
"Of course" I nod.
"Perfect" he stands up, walking over to his filing cabinets. He pulls open a drawer, looking through before pulling out a green folder.
"Here you go" he hands it to me. "I'm sure I have enough information in there for this but just let me know if you need anything else" he says.
"Alright I'll get to work on that for you" I say, standing up.
"Thanks doll face" he says, sitting back down.
Well guess I have a nickname now.
I leave his office, walking back into mine and getting to work.
__
"Knock knock" Haz says walking into my office.
"Why don't you actually knock next time?" I say, typing away.
"Tried it once, not for me" he says. "Whatcha working on?"
He plops his butt down on my desk, grabbing a paper from my pile.
"Hey" I say, pulling the paper from his hand and putting it back in the folder, closing it.
"Why so secretive?" He asks.
"Because you don't know about it yet" I say.
"What? You know something I don't?" He asks, genuine concern laced in his voice.
"Seems I do" I say, finishing up my typing and closing my laptop.
"It's lunch time but we're coming back to that." He says. "I ordered us food from the kitchen"
"You guys have your own chef here?" I ask.
"Yep. I knew you'd like it here" he grins proudly.
"Alright then, let's go to lunch" I say. It's weird to actually get a lunch, as at my old office we eat at our desks.
We walk out of my office, more people roaming the halls now. I get a full look at who works here and one thing is very weird.. it's all men. Lame. Guess I'll just be hanging out with Haz anyways.
He walks me into the kitchen, and the smell that hits my nose is heavenly.
"Hey Mark, this is Amelia." Haz introduces me to the chef. He's an older looking man, probably in his sixties. The wear and tear on his hands showing he's been a chef for a long time.
"Nice to meet you" he nods with a smile.
"You too" I grin.
He plates up our food and we sit down to eat. The food tastes amazing, almost as amazing as Stassie's food. My eyes lift when I hear someone walk into the kitchen, requesting a dish from Mark.
I eye Haz, mentally telling him to be cool. He looks over, seeing the person who had walked in is Hayden. He smirks back at me, knowing he's going to fuck with me.
Can I just say.. I love Haz, but I fucking hate him.
"Hey guys" Hayden smiles, taking a seat at the table.
"Hi, how's your day going?" I ask nicely, making small talk.
Haz shoots me a 'really? That's all you've got' look and I internally groan at him.
"Pretty good, but I think we're more interested in how your first day is going" he says.
Hmm.
"Great, especially knowing about a project that Haz doesn't even know about yet" I say, pushing Haz's buttons a bit. If I bug him enough he'll leave and I'll have cute grey eyed boy all to myself.
"I probably do know about it" he scoffs.
"You don't, Tom told me" I stick my tongue out at him.
"Ah well I'll figure it out. Watch me." He sasses, standing up and marching off to find Tom and pester him about the project.
Mission accomplished.
"So I see you're working well together" Hayden laughs.
"Yeah, have to admit though, he's a lot more fun outside of work" I shrug.
"Well I am too, I get that" he nods.
Shoot your shot Lia.
"Hmm, I'll have to test that for myself" I say. "Wanna go get drinks tonight?"
Fuck. My heart pounding, my palms are sweaty, I'm nervous. I've never so openly asked someone out while barely knowing them.
Please for the love of god say yes, don't make this embarrassing.
"Yeah for sure" he smiles widely, the pressure on my chest lifting immediately.
"Cool, 6pm work for you?" I ask.
"Yeah, there's this bar downtown it's called Jerry's. We could go there?" He suggests.
"Sounds perfect" I smile.
"Hah! Tom said you have to show me!" Haz bursts back into the room.
I roll my eyes at my immature best friend.
"Fine, lets go" I laugh. Whispering a goodbye to Hayden.