•24•

Six orgasms later.. holy. Shit.
"C'mere baby" Tom says, making grabby hands as I managed to finish changing into some pajamas after our bath. I'm exhausted after all that.
I lay down next to him on the bed, and he reaches over to his bed side drawer, pulling out some lotion. He puts a pump in his hand, rubbing it over my wrists that were red from being restrained.
"M' sorry" he says, kissing my hands.
"Don't be, that was amazing" I say, laying my head on his lap.
He runs his fingers through my hair softly, just looking down at me. The stare isn't uncomfortable, I feel like we're connecting.
"When I first saw you I thought damn.. how could a girl be so beautiful.." he says. "Then I got to know you and fuck. Who knew a girl could be even more beautiful inside.."
I feel myself blush, and I cover it with my hands.
"You just let me eat you out but you're covering your blush?" He laughs which just makes me blush even harder. He tries to swipe my hands away but they stay in their place.
"Tommy stop it" I giggle.
"I wanna see my pretty girls face" he says.
I wait a second, before removing my hands.
"You're tired. Let's go to sleep darlin"
_______
I get to work early, courtesy of Tom nagging me to get up and get ready. I got my iced coffee though so it's okay. Although I could do without the soreness of last night.
"So I need to call the contractors and get some updates, make sure they're on schedule" I mutter, looking through the plans with Tom and how the resort is coming along.
"Sounds good" he nods. "And remember we have a meeting with one of the architects today"
His office door opens without a knock, so I look up expecting Haz.
Nope. Not Haz.
"Morning Mr. Holland. I got that paperwork done" the girl, I think her name was Erica says walking towards his desk.
She hands the papers to him, completely disregarding my presence. Bitch.
"Wow already?" Tom asks, flipping through the pages.
"Yeah, I like to get here on time and actually work" she says, glancing at me.
Excuse me? Is she trying to imply something? I thought I put her in her place at the interview.
"Well thank you for getting this done so quickly. You're already doing amazing here." Tom nods with a smile.
"Thank you sir" she says.
Yeah but you're not the one calling him that in the bedroom so hah fuck you bitch.
"If you could just send out these emails, that'd be great. Sending it to your computer now." Tom says.
"Of course, anything else I can do for you? Anything at all?" She asks like a fucking whore.
Okay.. maybe I'm getting carried away..
not.
"No that's all. Thank you so much Erica." He says, and she turns with a smile, walking out.
I swear on my fucking life I see Tom glance again her as she leaves the room and my mouth drops.
"What?" He asks, his brows knit together as he sees my reaction.
"Well god Tom why don't you just marry the girl!" I groan.
"Lia seriously?" He laughs. "Baby nothing just happened."
"Except the fact that she's into you and quite literally couldn't have been any nicer to her, then you fuckin looked at her ass as she walked out." I say.
"Baby." He says, setting his pen down on the table. "I think you may be overreacting"
"Scuse' me?" I say. "Overreacting?"
He lets out a sigh, not quite sure how to handle the situation. It's very simple, tell me you think she's ugly and say you will tell her to back the fuck off.
"She was flirting with you at the interview, and she was flirting with you now" I frown. "Then you had the audacity to look at her ass!"
"I didn't look at her ass Lia! She doesn't even have one!" He laughs.
Just as I was about to argue more, the door opens and Haz walks in.
"Hey you're mum keeps calling me, saying she can't get ahold of you" Haz says to me.
"I'm coming" I say, grabbing papers off the desk.
"Talk later?" Tom whispers.
I ignore his comment, leaving the room with Haz. I just need to cool down from my hatred for this new girl.
"Have you met Erica?" Haz asks and I roll my eyes.
"The one that's practically in love with Tom?" I question.
"I don't know I think they could be cute" he says and I have never wanted to punch my best friend more.
I step into my office, pulling my cell out of my desk and call my mum.
"Hi Lia" she answers.
"Hey mum" I say.
"Everything okay? You sound upset?" She questions.
"No mum, everything fine. What's up?"
"We were going to come this Friday, but your brother got an amazing offer to play with a group on tv and he needs to rehearse with then every week for two months.. so we can't come for a while. I'm so sorry.." she says.
I sigh, I really miss my mum, and I want to see her. It's okay though. I stayed here for my work, so my brother deserves to do what he needs for his dream.
"Don't worry about it, it's alright. I understand." I say.
"I love you Lia" she says.
"Love you too Mum. Bye." I say.
I hang up, getting to work on contacting the contractors and getting more precise timelines.
Hours pass, and it's just about time for our meeting with the architect. I finish up some paper work and head out to the hallway, walking towards the conference room. Today is a shitty day.. this better go well.
"Mel" I hear, stopping in my tracks. I feel my heart rate quicken.. only one person has called me that nickname..
I turn around, being met by his dark brown eyes. Derek Kingston.. my ex boyfriend. I look around, seeing it's just us.
"What are you doing here Derek?" I ask.
"I'm the architect, what are you doing here?" He asks me.
"I'm the project manager" I say.
"Wow.. you made it big" he smiles. "Last I saw you, you were working for that little office on hill street."
God.. I fucking hate him.
"Yeah, lots of improvements were made when I finally got over my dickhead cheating ex" I say. His eyes widen, taken aback by the comment.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" I hear, seeing Haz quickly walking over. He pushes Derek away from me, angrily holding him against the wall. Derek has a few inches on Haz, but Haz is ripped and could take him any day. Well.. he's already beat Derek's ass once..
"Oh I almost forgot about you, Haz right?" Derek laughs.
"Don't fuckin laugh like this is a joke. I'll fucking kill you." He says.
"Haz.. it's okay" I say.
"No it's not, he's a fucking pig." Haz says. "I'm going to tear you apart just like last time"
"What's going on here?" Tom asks as he walks up to the scene. His eyes flick over to me, making sure I'm okay before scanning the real situation at hand.
"You hired a dick for your project" Haz says, removing his arm from Derek, letting him step away from the wall but still blocking him from me.
"Sir, there was a slight history between your colleague and I, we can work together fine though. Isn't that right Mel?" Derek says to me. Something about him makes me cower in fear. He was so mean to me all the time.. I thought I grew more than this.
"It's fine" I say just over a whisper.
"It's not fucking fine!" Haz spits. "He's the dumb ass that cheated on Lia and fucking broke her"
Haz looks desperate. The last thing he wants is for me to fall down that hole again. He spent years helping me dig myself out.
"You? You're the guy?" Tom says, instantly his features turn from confusion to anger.
"I see you've talked a load of shit about me" Derek scoffs. "Sir she's always said lies about me.. her whole life."
Tom simply shakes his head with a laugh.
"You are fired from this project. Dismissed." He says.
"What?" Derek says as if he didn't hear.
"You're fired." Tom repeats himself more sternly.
"You can't be serious? This dumb bitch gets this job? What did she sleep with you to get it? The whore will sleep with anything that moves, fuckin bitch" he says, hitting one of his mental breaks that he gets. I turn around to walk away, not wanting to hear any more.
"That's right, walk away from difficult situation and cry like the little baby you are. Weak bitch!" He yells at me and I turn to walk into the conference room. Haz is dragging Derek down the hall at this point and Tom follows behind me quickly.
"Honey I'm so sorry I didn't know-" he shakes his head, pulling me into him.
"I-it's okay. S'not your fault" I stutter, trying not to cry.
He grabs my face in his hands, pulling me away from his chest to look in my eyes. A tear escapes and he wipes it away with his thumb.
Haz walks in the room, nudging Tom to the side and pulling me into his arms tightly. I let a few more tears escape as I squeeze myself into him, letting the familiar feeling calm my senses.
"He didn't deserve you, Lia. He's just a dick with anger issues. You're too good for him." Haz says, petting my hair knowing it calms me down.
"He's right.. I do walk away from difficult situations" I mutter.
"No. No you walk away from mentally abusive pricks who make you feel bad about yourself. You're the strongest woman I know."
"I love you, Haz." I say.
"I love you too"