Dreams

A body.

A body dumped and wrapped so casually in cloth while concealing her nakedness but why? Should Phoenix do more than grasp the air between his stifled breaths?

Why would...?

Was she dead?

Was she...?

She was quite beautiful with her medium length hair so softly flowing across the upperness of her chest but with more hesitation, Phoenix reached out in his nervousness.

Could there be a pulse somewhere?

Was he witnessed to a unknown murder?

Why dump the body near his street in near nighttime?

Could he even see if she was gone or maybe there was a chance to help her? What was all this conjecture anyhow, but with some action, Phoenix carefully wrapped his arms and carried her softly against his shoulders to his apartment.

Why was he even doing this?

Wasn't he incriminating himself now?

No, it was tiny thought and feeling but a pulse was there however faint, and that relieved him to some degree but why was this girl just in the trash and who would do that?

Could he call Maya now?

Could he call Miles?

Who could Phoenix call in this moment?

Shaking his head, he laid her down carefully on his bed and as he stood more anxious and watching over the unconscious girl.

Would she awake?

Was that pulse enough to save her?

He didn't need to and didn't have to but her expression was of melancholy and even, something else he couldn't quite pin down but it burnt in his heart.

He in his own fashion, just embraced her, and waited it out but would she awake? Would he be responsible for saving her?

Or would he lose that pulse?

Could he do more than this? Could he chance losing that life of hers? Faintly, and ever glowing was her warmth and him there in the darkness of his apartment.

"...Ahhhh..."

Her voice whispered at first before she shifted uncomfortably contained by the rigidity of her position but more than that, she was talking again.

She at least, was alive for sure.

"...Please don't go..."

"What?"

It was a quiet dream and before he knew it, she would be more than important to him...