Dream After Dream

The sky was clearer yet the petals made the dramatic way of allowing the lonely hearts to whisper against the backdrop of springtime love but Simon Blackquill had no qualms about love, or falling into the many trappings of it, but did it have to happen in March of all days? He was kind hearted and had cared about the young Athena Cykes but now, he was embracing the very same memory that halted him permanently. He knew that the girl he loved was dead yet, he kept refusing the same logical arguments that he failed to reconcile with his over budding heart; the love that Holly Nakamura gave another man didn't pain him too bad, but losing the sleep, the nightmares followed so it did bother him. Damn, admitting that.

Yes, he had been cleared of murder by Phoenix Wright but it didn't give way of stealing a love born into the fruition of the past.

Simon was kinder then.

He was ready to admit the defeat but in the court room, her act of suicide left him petrified and bewildered that she sought that end; did the game of love or despair of remembrance bring that out in her? She hadn't changed. She always found love even in the darkness of places and sought that light, to always be a part of.

Could she be within him too?

No, he'd do it all for her.

The trial as far as he was concerned worked well with the hitch of her nearly killing herself.

Her amnesia dissipated but could he really be back in prison again? After all he had done? So cruel of her to dangle the very terrible threat of embarrassment in him cornering his emotions. He did it all. He moved the stars yet, not impressed by his actions all because Phoenix Wright took the credit and why couldn't Simon have found her again?

How did he lose her?

How did he lose that suitcase?

"Simon?"

Holly tapped her fingertips on his elbow, grinning earnestly almost as his own expression betrayed him, and he couldn't help but stare politely.

"I want to make a promise, here and now." She clasped a hand to her breast, sighing if something weighed heavily and she couldn't bring herself to mutter more. They were young, teenagers but sometimes you just knew, and even if their family didn't consent, they'd try later. "I love you so much, but it's so unfair that we can't-"

"I won't force it on you, Hollybelle," He wasn't rough in the slightest but it did take her back a bit at the contact, yet if she did it, it was consenting but for him, she was shy, almost reclusive. Why did other's touch bother her so much? Her family may be distant but she was well adjusted in fact, maybe she craved the attention and clung to Simon at the park. Her family had been working with his' on something or other but he didn't quite grasp the concept then. "but I'll do whatever makes you happy. Whatever you wish."

He couldn't have when he had this swirly eyed girl with the air of heaven in her head and the clouds coming to her space, with him. She was energetic and magnetizing but her words never truly gave the gravity of her loneliness.

"Ah! Simon, you shouldn't give up so early! I mean, I haven't played hard to get yet! I mean, come on! I want to do more than those silly adults. Why can't we!?"

"Don't be so impatient. The time comes faster than you realize."

"Why do you always sound so grown up? Seriously..."

He laughed out loud.

"WHAT IS SO FUNNY, SIMON!?"

Laughing till he just fell on his side, and even if it faded, a smile was a reminder of the joy she invoked in his solemn life.

"Fine. We'll make a promise but on the conditions that it's one when we come of age."

"I c-can't..." Brought to tears but shielding was the worst he could do, so he hesitated. Her fits would cease momentarily.

"Stop. Hollybelle, listen, take this."

"A locket? You know I hate jewelry-I barely wear my bracelets from my mom...it's just metal. Yuck."

It fell into her open palm as she scrutinized the shape and size, a star locket and inside...

"Here, it has the date of our meeting."

March 10th

"Things really changed, didn't they?"

"Adventure and mischief with you; I'd say yes."

"Like the time we super glued Aura's robots together-maaaaan was she maaaaad. I don't know how we got out of it, though."

"You're always keeping me on my toes and that's why," he unhooked the gold chain and wrapped it around her small neck, before brushing a piece of fallen hair out of her glassy eyes. They always seemed to be different all the time, the colors, the glow and the majesty of the emotions. "Whatever happens here forth, I won't let you be alone. You're so lonely and it..."

"Stop staring at me like that. I don't need your pity or-saving, you hear me, Simon Blackquill!?"

She began pounding on his chest in frustration before the fit ended and she sweated heavily with the locket jangling on her check.

"Whatever."

"YOU MAKE ME SO MAD, YOU BIG ASSHOLE!"

He smirked walking through the cherry blossoms.