Unravel

Quiet and still the world turned without her, without any of their insignificant problems to hold them weighed to this world; and that's her thinking as her body refused to move. Her eyes fluttered open at regular and irregular intervals, yet, no one was there in the world to lift her up. The matching color of the blossoms never changed but her eyes felt ready to move and ready to transform. Ready to bring back those odd eyes of her that she long lost and without bringing back those steady molecules of electric tears, she was unsure of the time but the bustling of feet and noise didn't startle her as only to reassure her back to the depths of sleep.

Eyes shut again.

Scene change.

Eyes opened.

Darkness engulfed the everlasting sky and with a finger touch, it couldn't make her reach the welcoming sky, and if she could be a bird now...if she could fly away, would that change the indefinite sorrow and guilt welling in her gut? Her very subconsciousness that would start to break? Her heart couldn't match the sky's midnight disguise and with arms digging underneath her, she slipped into the unconsciousness.

Save her.

She wouldn't run this time.

She'd face Blackquill.

She'd face that past with no utter strength but could she take a deep breath and find someone else to be in her shoes? Walling away, she was lifted into comfort, hair ragged and body fatigued.

Trace the very seams that burst and no amount of sewing could mend for people were more complex than that.

She'd wonder why.

She'd have to endure the fever ravaging her body. How silly to think she'd get sick so much by being in the elements? God, ironic in how she was so eagerly dumped.

"Found her!"

Voices.

Angelic saviors, everyone of them.

God, she missed her trial again. How unlucky she really happened to be, but at least her life meant something to someone, if not to her.

"Mommy!"

Chills set in and she fought the person over sheets to cover because she felt so cold, but in reality, the fever tricked her mind even if it was helpful.

She sat up, almost possessed to get those sheets again even if meant snapping at people she cared more and hurting them worse, as she just broke down. Her lips tasted sour. God, it was terrible touching lips with Simon Blackquill. Couldn't she just not have been found in one piece?

Her heart was a battleground.

Her emotions a bargaining chip.

It eased her back to slumber even if she awoke hours later to hearing Phoenix on the phone.

"...Yes...she's home now... She's a bit feverish...found her outside and this note I forwarded to you.. found it in my office. Talk to your prosecutor and see what his intentions are... Yes.. okay... "

The call clicked off and he paused as if using his ears to hear anything.

She laid still.

Did she give herself away?

"I know you're awake. Mind telling me what the note meant?"

She made a squeaking noise as she took a breath indicating another crying spell. She often did this but even if it felt frustrating, it meant she was emotional and kind. Too kind. Far kinder than him.

He loved her though and patience came easy to him regardless but even more care was needed towards her and somehow, he felt he had to use the Magatama. She left him no choice.

He held it up but halted.

He'd allow her to speak first, tomorrow, maybe.

"He's hurting you, isn't he?" Weariness lined into his face and deeper into his forehead. "Please, I can't help you if you don't tell me." His eyes were pleading. "please honey..."

She was biting.

He was too precious.

She loved him.

"He said he loved me then kissed me. I am sorry."

The fallout right? The end of their marriage? He patted her head, with a very sorrowful expression but.

"This changes nothing about us. Or between us. I love and believe you and Blackquill has overstepped his boundary. He woke you up, didn't he?"

"Please don-"

"You're too kind despite hurting so much. Don't protect someone hurting you. I'll fix this, okay? Rest-"

She pushed herself on to him trying to kiss him and he did, but it was light but he wouldn't take advantage of her.

"Phoenix Honey-"

"I have things to do."

No.

Phoenix eased her back into the bed but stubbornness couldn't be easily written off and she too fought against him til she fell into a dream ful slumber. He stayed there almost wrapping his body alongside hers even if she was lightly snoring.

Ah.