The End is Coming

"Be honest, Blackquill, what's your relation to Holly Wright, my wife?"

Under those same cherry blossoms that flared up and down with their malestorm of petals but Phoenix had to catch Blackquill at sometime and answers would be given, if not, demanded.

Why was he there in the labs with him and Holly and what did this locket mean? Was it the same memento like he had of Dahlia and him? No, surely Holly didn't make promises like that but his heart raced, in the depths knew what the pocket was. What symbolized.

"You need to ask me, Wright? That locket is proof of a time of a young life with love. I woke her up, I meant to rescue her and reunite her memories to her. The locket has them all. Don't you think so?"

"You took her memories? How?"

"She died a long time ago, Wright. I just saved a girl that looked like her. She's not the same Holly as I knew but who could blame her? But even still, I get weak and seeing you with her... Has been a curse."

Phoenix hesitated.

"You love her too, don't you? I don't blame you but what does waking her up mean for this murder mystery and lastly prosecuting her!? She's not responsible for those dead girls all over the city. I don't expect any man to think he could feel the same. I don't want to lose her... "

"Then we aren't so different, Wright. I was meant to find her and make her pay but you made her have happiness where she doesn't deserve it."

Angry white tears sprouted and Phoenix swore he could take on Blackquill too. God, Phoenix felt worse than he possibly could.

She died?

Then those girls in the tube...they were all clones of the original Holly Nakamura, no, she was the original to Phoenix.

She smiled, laughed, cried the same and that night when she first came home, she clung and continued to clung changing his heart.

Her body would transform with the growing baby in her, and that was proof of their love. Their expressions of love.

His face went dark briefly.

"Everything. You'll see, Wright."

"Blackquill, whatever promise you held to her, she doesn't remember and I will defend and protect her innocence from you. From Edgeworth, too. You have my word in that court tomorrow."

"You're admirable, Wright. Love has changed you but hope it doesn't dull your skills in the court."

Blackquill huffed out from under the tree and Phoenix could feel the sorrow lumping in his throat.

God.

His luck was always so bad and picking problematic women happened at a worse time but she made him experience things he wouldn't do on his own and Trucy had a mother finally, so, that had to count, right?

He had love once again