October Mermaid

"Don't cry anymore."

"I'm so happy. I just can't-I didn't think anyone would want me." Holly sorrowfully added wiping back the tears that could be, and all Phoenix did was stand and brush it all back with a tender kiss. One for each cheek before latching onto her mouth, tongue ravishing inside, all the way, she clung hard to him.

"Even happy tears just makes me uncomfortable, as I never want you to cry for any reason-not me or this."

He shifted the veil to behind her ears, brilliantly radiating with sun colored jewelry, dangling softly.

"I'm sure they're all mad at us but it's terribly romantic, isn't it? I'm s-sorry. I didn't want to upset you today or ever."

"Don't apologize for anything, ever. Everything is just too perfect with you."

God.

Was he sincerely proposing his life to her? Last time, his ex wanted him dead but Holly relied on him entirely while, her whole personality wasn't out, she at least seemed so kind, too and even sweeter than maybe Iris if possible plus her stature gave her the cuteness factor. She was under 5 foot and it didn't hurt she was terribly attractive with a bigger bust than he'd seen but she modest about it and didn't seem to flaunt any of it in his direction. She was just there.

"You're too sweet, Phoenix Wright. How could someone be too good for me?-"

"Don't think that. You're worthy, as I am too. I guess, they'll be not too thrilled but I promise that it won't be too long."

Caressing smooches and little cracks in his own heart were being filled by the droplets spewing out from her clear blue eyes, if he could say that because sometimes they seemed green or gray but whatever, he knew she genuinely felt devoted to him. Was he meant to find her? Was their fate also proposed by that red string? The same that tied others to him? She wouldn't betray him.

Here, they were getting married, finally.

Her fingers rustled in his hair, his spiky hair that often got him recognition and name called, but she seemed to find joy in it as if seeing beauty in what he couldn't.

"Let's sign then."

Signature after signature.

She had dressed for occasion, even if no one really attended but he'd promise to her that they'd have a better wedding with their friends and family, if possible.

That night following in the hotel room was pure bliss, unadulterated bliss with him and her alone, really alone and honing into their passions for each other, though he'd admit he knew next to nothing about sex still it felt instinctual and played on her cues plus it felt wonderful. Meek and lightly squeaking in pleasure as he pushed in and out, and as she tasted all of him, however shy she happened to be. She couldn't face him entirely naked, nor glance at his whole body either, even if he was less sure of himself. Would he even please her? Sure, they've done this making love thing sometimes, but this felt even more personal.

They just married.

First conjugal visit together as husband and wife.

She hung on, lightly scratching his back and pulling his hair, if slightly erotic by her standards, it was their way of being so close and vulnerable for each other. They weren't lacking in expressions of the depths of their hearts, in fact, they were overflowing. Oversharing. This was one activity he quite fancy taking part in many times again with her, only. With her mesmerizing him in the only possible way she deemed respectful.

Every word he hung on, every touch titillated him and the lower parts, too.

Their eyes met over the haze of the upcoming twilight, and their bodies poised to finish their little ballet, so clumsy as novices do, but still forgivable. They'd see the morning sunrise together away from work.

They'd worry about the life they left far behind, and trailing every lines on her body from top to bottom (even her tiny feet) but most of all, their hands palm to palm. Was she fragile more than him? Deeper than pain, harder than him was the glass of a love that he wouldn't shatter.

He held the hot coffee mug in his hands, wrapped around her, blanket covering them on the front patio, privately selected to showcase the scenery ahead.

"Want anything, Mrs. Wright?"

She yawned before sleeping on his big frame.

Love was just like that and it didn't need to be frightening if only acknowledged and understood.

When the world is quiet as today, the universe speaks through the glassy eyes of falling teardrops staining the ground and kisses in this morning that led to a night again of endless possibilities.

Hands together.

An oath of eternal promises.

They'd go back to it all together.