Beautiful World

"That looks nasty-" Athena began as Edgeworth stepped forward with a bandage on his cheek and visible bruises but Phoenix couldn't have guessed why his friend was in his office today.

"SHE HIT ME."

"OOOOH who?" Apollo poked his head up from his resting position, almost suddenly awake but the outburst only proved momentarily as Edgeworth began gesturing threatenedly.

"YOUR GIRLFRIEND HIT ME!!!"

"She's has quite the punch it seems, looking from your bruises. Never figured she'd do that, either. " Athena mentioned in awe but returning a glance back at an exasperated Phoenix Wright.

"You mean-?"

"YES PHOENIX!! She ran away! She will pa-"

"Calm down, Miles. I'm sure she's got a good explanation and besides, she's been through a lot-"

"I blame you, Wright. You corrupted her. You...you!"

Athena held back a loud snicker.

"I doubt I did, regardless, did you see where she went-"

"You idiot, I don't know where. I have that useless detective looking for her and I regret it highly. I am asking you to find her, she's your responsibility!" Edgeworth spat, pulling off his bandage, fuming. "Besides, I just got another call, another body has been found but in a rather unseemingly place. The courthouse."

"Phoenix!" Athena screamed as his chair hit the floor and he nearly collapsed."She's in real danger, isn't she? Phoenix, what will we do?"

"I don't know..." Phoenix meekly replied as Athena helped him back at least to his rocky knees but he wouldn't go any further.

"I know what I will do, you just need to find her and bring her back to me-"

"How well did that work out for you, chief?" Apollo asked sarcastically and a bit lazily, too, rolling his hands through his hair.

"Is there one place she could go? Besides your apartment, this office or the courthouse? What can we do, Phoenix? She's out there all alone...and has no one but us." Athena swung her head downward, glum.

"I..I..."

"Phoenix, are you listening to me?"

The voice all molded together as Phoenix found the world spinning behind him. He was just gone. He was out of touch.

Where could he go in this instance away from this madness? Where? Where could she go?

He dug out his Nokia and dialed hurriedly.

Maya's voice cheerfully greeted him as relief passed over at the mention of a guest, a girl with brownish pink hair in ragged clothes suddenly appearing.

Minju.

"Nick?"

He snapped back to reality and the scene of Maya and Pearl running towards him made him realize that he had definitely made this trip to the village but his only interest lie in where Minju was.

"Minju? Who is that? You are silly, Nick. There's only Pearl, me and Holly here."

"Can I see her?"

"I don't know. It's awfully late and you in her room...Nick, stay the night and talk to her tomorrow. She's probably in the bath right now." Maya clapped her hands as her eyes narrowed in abject anger. "And no, you cannot spy on her either! That's bad, Nick!"

"Yeah, Mr. Nick." Pearl pouted with her hands swinging down on her hips, imitating Maya, of course.

He had to also lose and respect his friend.

He'd talk to Minju-Holly tomorrow.

His head spun as Maya led him to a spare bedroom and when he was alone, he sunk into the darkness of the room.

After a long while.

"Phoenix?"

The door shifted open as the voice violated the room and Holly's head shifted into view, as she was wrapped in a cloth robe.

He couldn't quite pronounce the words that came out, but he embraced her, stuck her to his chest with his ever beating heart.

"Phoenix? I wanted to tell you, I remembered my name. My real name. It's Holly. That's all I could remember and how I got he-"

"No more. Stay here tonight." It was an odd request but it seemed more like a command. "I just want you to be here."

"Phoenix-"

Why was he being so clingy?

Why him?

He didn't dare cut the red string of fate around them both, in fact, he entangled further into it. A mess. A labyrinth of emotions.

He didn't want to go back without knowing her. What kind of life would that be? Was he being selfish?

"Holly?"

She began snoring and that relief earlier eased into his shoulders as he slumped against the wall, falling asleep too.