Drowned out by fireworks

"Don't pout, Miss Minju."

"You don't have to be so fake with me, Sir."

"Why do you believe that I could be? I am Phoenix's oldest friend and-"

"...and rival of course. I figured it out, already. You took me from him because you think I am suspect or at least linked to these murders. I'm here to tell you honestly, you are wasting your time trying to figure anything out because I don't remember anything even my real name."

"You're just as astute, but there's more. It's for your own protection. Wright can't protect you."

"Who the hell says he can't? You? The judge?" She spat vehemently.

"Please do trust us lawyers and the law with everything. Your Phoenix does and his associates too."

Minju quieted down immediately, almost perfectly played in Edgeworth's hands. Dammit. How could she just be handed over like an object? She was still a person and yet the law was so rigid and insincere. How frightfully sad.

Her hands rewinding back and forth trying to recapture the dwindling memory of Phoenix's hands, the only compassion she really knew. The only blind trust she accepted.

He was really a doofus and maybe a fool for wanting to marry someone he just started dating but that was the charm. Dammit, he was just so unassuming. She let out a sigh in the vast and almost silent mansion.

How long must she stay anyhow? She didn't want the answer but her breath was drawn out.

"I don't like it." She muttered to herself.

"I hope I can make you comfortable here."

Hot steamy droplets penetrated her eyelashes, splashing loudly as her sniffling became difficult to manage.

No, he couldn't force her.

No.

No.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?"

Edgeworth's voice rang as her hands hammered on him and in that opening, her heels carried her out.

Out into the daytime.

Out alone and unsure.

Dammit.