Happy Tears

"She did WHAT?"

Phoenix's head picked up Apollo's annoyance and even shock, but Phoenix knew that Holly was mostly guided by her feelings even incorrect; why would she do that? Why would she throw herself at the judge and get Blackquill's sentence reduced saying something about the stature of limitations on his crime?

"She's insane! He's a murderer!" Apollo cried as Phoenix rose grabbing at his jacket and rushing out to the detention center and damn, did his head spin, what was thinking? What was her reactions doing this time? So impulsive yet, impressive that her heart extended out to her past, but was this unprecedented? Sure. She was sparring a known guilty party all in the name of sentiments and not logical arguments or facts but her heart. Her huge heart. He did worry too much of her leaving him although she dictated her life through her emotions.

"I don't know why you're doing this, Hollybelle." Simon Blackquill said behind the glass, but with a hand placed on, her eyes were underwater.

"It's because of you, I think because of my own involvement, I am also responsible and should have stuck with you in court."

"You're putting yourself at grave risk and retribution of the court."

"I know..."

Those were the words that Phoenix caught her voice descending into and ascending once Blackquill gave her longing looks, all from the depths that kept turning, of a hole within a heart that hadn't healed at all. Phoenix waited patiently and without a sound to his steps.

"I already talked to the judge earlier, and he'll reduce your sentence..."

"Hollybelle."

"Don't thank me, Simon. Deep down, you've always had a place in my heart and I just forgot."

He coyly smirked.

"I love you still..."

"I know but I can't be with you at all and it hurts a lot as I'm being pulled from two directions...you and Phoenix. Both of you are different and I love you both for different reasons. It's silly to have my cake and eat it too, you know? You sacrificed a lot for me and yet, I treated you so horribly. What's wrong with me?" She posed the question, wiping that sadness from those glassy eyes of hers but tears still replaced what she couldn't halt. Was Phoenix being selfish in keeping her for himself? No, the decision was already made.

Phoenix's arm rested on her shoulders and she didn't do a double take as if she knew he was there the entire time. Did she though? That ended the session between her and Blackquill and she took herself up gracefully grabbing Phoenix's hand, as if signifying her undying devotion to him. His cheeks were hot. The way he felt was real.

These were happy tears she cried.

He enjoyed interlacing his fingers through hers throughout the journey back to the agency even if she didn't speak, her actions did most of it and the close proximity of her body against him. Would she utter anything ever again? He hadn't thought of it but she pivoted on her heel suddenly, making him stop short as she stood on her tippy toes, brushing her lips dangerously close to his, and the aroma of her body drove him a bit insane, as he wanted more than anything to ravish her here; what strength it took to resist.

"I love you Phoenix Wright and you call this destiny."

"You seemed..."

"It doesn't what I seemed like. I've already made my decision to go forward with you and you'll have to accept it."

A faint pink blush tainted his cheek before she smooched it, sloppy and wet and inviting and the tightness of his pants increased. He resisted halfheartedly.

"Holly, am I really want you want? I m-"

"This isn't like you, beloved Phoenix of mine. Besides, the past should remain there, and out of every chance, I get, I'll always choose you."

She tilted her chin upwards and this time, properly kissed him, tongue and all, and he responded positively, with his tongue dominating hers, but arms swinging around, the memories were just that, memories. It was beautiful tears that kept the beautiful days together.

This was just the start.

Start of the memories they shared with each other and many more. They had all the time in the world.

Beautiful days

beautiful tears

keep crying

keep facing west

together we're everything

together we're one

and like that,

it's real

Always so joyful

to love you

always ready to hold

on to tears of relentlessness

purity