A Song From Her Memory

Phoenix turned his head despite the immediate glares of the disapproving Apollo and the intrigued Athena, but how could Phoenix explain the girl in his spare clothes? They were completely too big on her but she was motionless with no name and no real identification on her except the sorrow reflecting in her blank wide eyes, even if she barely uttered a word the entire hour.

"How could you!" Apollo exclaimed now quickly surprised by his own exhaustion at the situation.

"Don't be too quick to judge, Apollo." Athena interrupted grabbing the hand of the girl and almost getting her up on her feet. "Don't worry! I'll take care of her now! But first things first is, she needs proper clothing and a name for now."

"That's right but if Phoenix was right about finding her in the trash, did it mean that she was drugged, too?" Apollo questioned out loud.

"We can't really rule that out now but she's..."

"Phoenix!" Athena again burst into the thoughts and pondering of the Wright Law Group members, "What did I say anyhow? I'll take care of her and she can stay with me, it's the right thing to do."

"That's fine, no objections, Apollo?"

"None at all."

Athena brushed a few stray stands of hair from eclipsing the unknown girl's eyes, almost muttering to herself, "What would you like to be called, anyhow? You can understand me, right?"

"I can..." The girl whispered.

"You're talking and that's a great sign!"

Apollo sighed almost annoyed but Phoenix could tell how grateful this moment was but the girl was just focused on Phoenix for some reason and he too, felt enamored by her. What? How could he? He had only loved once in his life and it was a disaster almost being held guilty for a murder that he didn't commit but that was the past, and however bitter it could be, he couldn't deal with love again.

"Maybe, there's-"

"I think,"

"Yes?" Athena's gaze shot back at the girl.

The girl shook her head ever quietly before her watery eyes became full of unnerving tears, the waterfall contained and yet, overfilling. What else was taken from this girl?

"I want to stay with him!"

"Me? Why?" Phoenix was singled out suddenly but the girl was more than willing to be uncompromising this moment and Athena nudged the girl but she was firm. "Miss, it isn't proper and-"

"You saved my life. You're my prince." No sense of irony here but a genuine response from the depths of a turning heart, but could Phoenix really accept that title?

"I don't-"

"Please, I insist, my dear prince."

"Phoenix, will you really allow that!?" Apollo shouted yet Phoenix didn't and wouldn't disregard the girl's adamant expressions nor her change of mind now, because she was committed to this idea of him being some prince on a mighty steed even if the truth was further from it.

"Please." The girl begged.

"She really means it, Phoenix." Athena spoke up a bit louder this time drowning out Apollo's grunts and annoyance. "I wouldn't want to hurt her, you know?"

A hand to his back, rubbing his shoulders slightly, Phoenix straightened up and smiled shyly.

"Then, I can accept that."

"PHOENIX! You can't!" Apollo shouted.

"Oh, you be quiet, Apollo."

"You don't-we aren't those kind of people, Athena, and why is it Phoenix's responsibilities for this!?"

The girl's eyes were calm yet, the droplets were never ending even if a slight waking smile could be found on her curled lips as she heard Apollo's objections to these new arrangements.

She bowed gracefully.

"Please forgive me, okay? I just want to do anything to repay my debt for my life isn't mine anymore. I intend to do anything in my power to make my prince happy."

"You-"

"I mean it, good sir."

"Fine." Apollo spat before leaving so haughty like with Athena nodding more and allowing the girl to flounder back onto the seat as Phoenix got closer.

"Will he be okay?"

"Yeah, that's just Apollo for you." Athena answered so casually now also unsure but elated too, even if Phoenix was studying the girl so heavily, unfamiliar of her place in his memories. "Oh, where are my manners? I'm Athena and that-your prince, Phoenix Wright."

"Why are you laughing?"

"Isn't it obvious, Phoenix?" Athena wily grinned ear to ear before also departing with her words. "Don't forget we have a case today."

Oh yes!

"Case?" The girl repeated.

"Yes, I'm a defense attorney and I have clients that I defend...do you wish to be in the court room?"

"You mean I can come?"

"Sure. You'll have to be in the audience but maybe, you can see how...huh?"

She rushed into his arms, and buried his head on his chest, nuzzling her soaked face against his jacket with her voice barely above a whisper.

"I would love to!" She exclaimed excited but he couldn't bring himself to detach from her as if he had known this feeling all along even if it couldn't be. Even if love didn't mean a thing to him now. "I just don't want to be away from you."

He sighed half hearted before holding her tighter though he was engaging into a serious game that he wished no part in but she was willing to give in so easily and accept a life of servitude to him, Phoenix Wright. Why though? They didn't know each other and he was betting her new image would be molded because of him yet he was aware of his own failings and consequences if this failed.

Why was he willing to help her so much?

"Now," He took her by the hand and headed out as the court room was beckoning him as it always did.